Side by Side recommendations

Shadowchaser

jasper682.....nobody is implying that they know best nor trying to sway him into buying something that he may regret, but it seems that, these days, fewer and fewer people are considering buying a gun built by the finest makers in the world, built largely by hand and to a standard that has seldom been matched by any foreign maker to date. My opinion is simply that he owes it to himself to handle an early 20th century sidelock and experience the joy of such a weapon - if he does so and still thinks that a foreign gun is superior then we can refer him to a Trick Cyclist to have his bumps felt :yes:

Edited by bruno22rf

Is it just me or is a SxS with a pistol grip, single trigger and multi chokes a bit like a Ford Model T with power steering, Sat Nav and Aircon?? Buy an English made sidelock that was actually made by the name on the barrel, don't get hung up on chokes too much and enjoy it for what it is.

you probably wont like mine then.post-24254-0-54138400-1499922254_thumb.jpg

now I have to say I do like that what gun is it?

its a zabala sporting magnum 3" chamber multi choke 271/2" barrels single trigger pistol grip raised rib and adjustable stock. i got it from york guns about 10 years ago £325 brand new. i fitted adjustable comb myself as it was miles too low for me.

its a zabala sporting magnum 3" chamber multi choke 271/2" barrels single trigger pistol grip raised rib and adjustable stock. i got it from york guns about 10 years ago £325 brand new. i fitted adjustable comb myself as it was miles too low for me.

It's a Zabala sporting Hermanous,Think mine was £500 from York guns,BB

Edited by Bluebarrels

One thing if you buy something with fixed chokes don't go by the barrel markings have them gauged. I bought a fixed sxs and it was marked half and full I thought I would have them done as quart and half. I started shooting with it and from the first outing it went well so decided to leave them as is. So after a while I decided to refurb the stock, one of the screws on the bottom of the action would not come loose so I popped into the gunsmiths for some help while I was in he gauged the barrels and it was already quarter and half!

Edited by Andra