so sad

kody

Been to Brighton for a few days which was a nice break

A lot of people walking on the pavements most of them on their mobiles etc not knowing where they are walking

Got on a bus to Eastbourne which is about an hours ride nice countryside

To see yeah I counted 19 people on the top deck of which 14 of those sados

Were on the phone much more important to them than anything else so bloody sad

Had an idiot almost walk flat out into the front of my Landie a few weeks ago. Fortunately I saw him coming and was stationary about to turn into the stores car park. He only just managed not to finish on the bonnet, actually putting his hand out to prevent that happening. I do think that in about 500 years time we humans will have evolved huge thin thumbs. Yes, I have a mobile and they are without doubt very useful, but I rarely take mine from my pocket more than twice a day ... unless I happen to be sat in a high seat and a pal is in another ... then they can be very useful.

Had one 20 something on a shoot I am in and he was sharing a gun with a friend and he was even pushing buttons when it was his turn to shoot and never lifted his head from the screen when in the gun bus. Ignoramous!!

Edited by Walker570

We were talking about this at work and were saying the same but then thinking about it, that device is their lives. Chequebook and wallet- not needed- train or plane tickets- not needed. Computer for e-mail etc nope, on the phone. Books- Kindle app. Banking-phone. I could go on.

Even my mother of 86 was heard to utter that she uses her mobile more than landline. It's easier for her to use quick dials or the name in the contact list.

I do not get this mobile thing but then I am old if I was young no doubt I would be as bad as all of the other young people it is just the way that things are today.

I do think that all schools and lots of other places should have jamming devises you could still use land lines to contact people in an emergency but what is the point it aint going to change now.

I have a mobile to make calls and perhaps do a tex but its not a smart phone so cannot go on the internet etc the ironic part about it is I cannot use my mobile at home as there is a large building by my house that blocks the signal. :no:

Edited by four-wheel-drive

Chavy families in restaurants all staring down at their iPhones is a common sight. The ever increasing decline of basic manners. Mobiles are banned at the dinning table for my family. Don't get me wrong my mobile is essential for business, but a lot of these people don't really need to be welded to their devices. It's almost turned into a security blanket for some.

A late uncle in his seventies had the worst, he wanted the ground to ! he walked into a bus shelter,a young woman was standing in the shadows uncle Jim acknowledged her, after a few seconds she said, " What are you doing tonight?"," Just watching the telly " uncle Jim replied, the girl then turned to reveal the mobile phone at her ear.

I was on the top deck of a bus from Brighton to Eastbourne the other day, chatting on my phone and I saw a bloke who was counting the passengers instead of looking at the countryside. :lol:

I saw him to and I was replying to this thread 😂

To be honest we're as bad using the computer not the phone

It's a very instant society we live in and time is a premium commodity

Just wish I had invented the mobile phone 😄

Anyway I doubt we will change it

All the best

Of

When the first mobiles came out it was a Nokia, you could make a call and text and there was 'snakes'.

Nokia, Siemens and Blackberry were absolutely 100% of the market place, especially Nokia - everyone has a Nokia.

Look at where they are now - nowhere.

Didn't take long for the smartphone to takeover

We were in Bournmouth at the weekend for a competition and its amazing to see whole families sitting at breakfast in the hotel not talking heads down in their phones. Same in the competition halls everybody walking out of the sessions flicking their screens, and I mean hundreds of people doing it.

The point is, how much information does the average individual need to send or receive? 99% of what they are sending or viewing is total rubbish. Mind numbing

Edited by Vince Green

My Mrs is a Chiropractor.

In her circles it's a fairly common theory that there's gonna be pretty much an epidemic of neck problems in the not too distant future.

Not hard to believe when you see how many people and some from a very young age staring down at a phone. She even shouts at me HEAD UP!!!

Good for business though I guess haha!

I think its the fear of missing out on something.

I remember on school holidays I went out at 8 am ish and was told dinner was at 5:30 pm and that's when I got home. No one new where we were or what we were doing. I might call in with 5 friends in tow and grap a packet of crisps each for lunch then off again.

hello, when i was a wee nipper very few house holds had a phone and you had all those nice red telephone boxes to ring up auntie mable in Australia :rolleyes: or post a letter that would take weeks to arrive, now you can at the touch of a button see and speak to anyone in the world on skype, i even saw a chinese tourist showing her friend in china the sights of oxford, has the modern phones lost us in the art of converstaion, yes but according to my younger son i only talk a load of twaddle anyway :lol:

Edited by oldypigeonpopper