Insurance for my 18 year old son advice please

Arley

I have just insured my 18 yr old daughter with ingenie car insurance, she has an 09 plate c1 , the quote was £1500 but when j rang them up it was reduced to £1300 fully comp. There is a black box fitted BUT there is no curfew on time, also if they drive good they get a rebate ,

Shaun

Hi Guys,

Advice please for the best insurance for my 18 year old son who has just passed his test. He is an underkeeper so I am going to get him an older car as he will need it for work.

Thank you

Being relatively young still I know the crack, go for newer cars. Mk6 fiesta's are cheap insurance on the 1250 and cheap to buy. 2.5grand for my 2004 focus st yet 1200 for the new 17 plate one... apparently because there 'safer'.... take what you will

FYI you can't get the car insured in your name with him as an additional driver which is "fronting" but you can legally add yourself and the Mrs onto HIS insurance policy which I have heard often drops the price quite a bit

This...put you and his mum as named drivers on his policy and as twisted says it will dramatically reduce it. Keep annual mileage low. Don't be fooled that a cheaper older car will be less to insure cos it wont necessarily.