Everyone out shooting

Buddy london

Now that harvest is in full swing with all the winter barley ready and farmers busy on the rape I was expecting more reports of day outs and reports of big bags with first stubbles. However it all seems very quite.. people too busy shooting to post on this forum?? Im out tomorrow while weather looking dry

Having stubbles to shoot doesn't mean good bags of pigeons will be shot.

I have loads of barley stubbles to go at, but I wouldn't bother setting up on most of them.

I have just a couple of rape stubbles to shoot at present, and that is where my first decent bag of the harvest will more than likely come from.

Busy :unhappy: Moving my garage workshop to new site; at least a week of humping metal and vehicles and sorting security etc. Already missing a gun in my hand. Hoping there may be some stragglers in a couple of weeks. Stubble only makes for easier pick ups, which is no bad thing, but no necessarily big bags,.Good luck everyone

my mate got all his barley done 6 days ago....then the next day when it was spotting with rain...cultivated.......................

monday he did 1 round of the first of the rape fields...then stopped as the rain came in......still waiting for it to dry off ...moisture content still too high.......when he cuts he will cultivate to chit the fallen seed....then i will be out proper....lot of birds flitting about at the moment...

grass has been cut as you were boasting about that earlier....halfwit :lol::lol:

Does grass count?

Out today a miserly 7 pigeons. Out tonight for fox and roe and blanked. Its all going down hill. :unhappy: Out in the morning with Bumpy on the barley and have to be up at stupid oclock. Then sat night a fox special with dogs and nets around a barn :/