Letters from SYP firearm dep regarding security, theft, etc

Not a letter, but my friend who also lives in the Thames Valley police area had a call from the FEO last week asking similar questions. They enquired if he still had two dogs (he does) any changes to security and if there are any medical conditions they need to be aware of. It was totally out of the blue and I haven't had a similar call.

Seemed a bit odd but clearly they must be working on the basis of some revised risks or intelligence.

Edited by Wingman

Not a letter, but my friend who also lives in the Thames Valley police area had a call from the FEO last week asking similar questions. They enquired if he still had two dogs (he does) any changes to security and if there are any medical conditions they need to be aware of. It was totally out of the blue and I haven't had a similar call.

Seemed a bit odd but clearly they must be working on the basis of some revised risks or intelligence.

Was he 100% it was his FEO calling him ? it could of been someone casing the joint out as such asking questions like that !

I would of got his name and called the office back to speak to him...

Was he 100% it was his FEO calling him ? it could of been someone casing the joint out as such asking questions like that !

I would of got his name and called the office back to speak to him...

Good point as far as I know it was genuine..

Few of my shooting buddies got some letters from SYP firearm dep regarding security, social media usage, criminals targeting firearm owners for their guns. Has anyone else got these? Also does anyone know about any incident like this? Worrying.

Something people should keep in mind.

Beyond this, every instance is different but if you post pictures of yourself with your firearms on social media and someone can then search to work out your location then this is obviously unwise at best. Depending on the individual situation, carelessness on social media could lead to revocation as a breach of the conditions of your FAC as above as it could compromise your personal safety and security of the firearms.