What's in fashion at the moment

I've got a new lab due soon, she's still on mum at the mo.

I can however not recommend a patterdale, my old lad is due to be put to sleep soon, so he's not too much bother, but by God in his prime....

He has free range of the farm, he was like a nuclear weapon, he'd stay in a barn until it was void of all known life, did holes in the middle of the garden lawn because he'd heard a worm, start fights with anything, other dogs, the bull, the ram, anything was fair game to him.

I've got a new lab due soon, she's still on mum at the mo.

I can however not recommend a patterdale, my old lad is due to be put to sleep soon, so he's not too much bother, but by God in his prime....

He has free range of the farm, he was like a nuclear weapon, he'd stay in a barn until it was void of all known life, did holes in the middle of the garden lawn because he'd heard a worm, start fights with anything, other dogs, the bull, the ram, anything was fair game to him.

Been there done that still got the bite marks from separating the Pat and my Jack Russell.My Jack ends up with an ear split in three,I had to give her away or I would have had a dead Jack Russell.She went to a keeper up north and she killed 30 foxes in her first year she also ripped lumps out of his mates Patterdale dog.She would fight anything she died to ground at 4 year old digging to two cubs she collapsed the tunnel and suffocated.I only keep Jacks now well and my labs.Would never be without a Jack Russell or two Edited by geordieh

I'll second that, we've got one here and the girlfriend and her mum breed them.

Fantastic little dogs to have around, happy to walk miles or sleep all day. Theres currently 8 at the girlfriends parents ( 3 will be going back to their homes soon! ) If you sit on the floor they all try climb on for a fuss!

Agreed! We had two mini's up until recently, a smooth and a wire haired. The smooth has sadly gone now, she was a little too fiery to be around kids, and had a few people/dogs in her time, but the wire haired is just a fantastic dog, such a lovely temperament, they are tiny dogs, but somehow when you spend time with them you forget how small they are.

One the walking we always say, they are good for 10 minutes or 10 miles.

It's true what saddler says - When you've gone Dachs you don't go back....

In vogue at the moment as said anything doodle or poo, labra cocker any of the poodle crosses.

My advice is play the Andrex Labrador puppy ace card ;).

Cute playful cuddly focus on those things, she will take the bait, and at the end of it all you get a good reliable working dog you know it makes sense.

As for your cup of coffee :lol: that Labrador when grown will clear that occasional table biscuits and all with one sweep of its black grassy tail, but be sure not to tell her that bit let her find out eventually for herself. :)

I absolutely detest all the fashionable cross breeding that 's going on and think the prices being charged for these designer mongrels is obscene, but I've got a couple of friends with cockerpoos (cocker/poodle) that are Disney cute with very good temperaments and no apparent defects.

What's in fashion at the moment?

Buy a cute puppy, carry it around like a baby and dress it up in clothes while psychologically messing it up, get bored of it and don't walk it, then when it bites someone/attacks the local farmers sheep, blame the breed and have it put down, then repeat process.

A superb 18th month old black working cocker bitch.

Just got five minutes to myself sitting here with a cup of coffee thinking. Well to cut a long story short the wife has been hinting that she would like a dog, from past experience I know that dogs can be a bit of A fashion so was wondering what the in thing is at the moment as she hasn't said exactly what she wants yet but I know it's coming. So what dog does your other half have for House/ lap dog. sf1

Hey guys, i been reading this thread as i too have an interest in getting a dog. Does anyone know what breed of dog would be suitable for a flat/department environment? I really wanted to get a jack russell but i been told they need space to run around because they are hype.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, i been reading this thread as i too have an interest in getting a dog. Does anyone know what breed of dog would be suitable for a flat/department environment? I really wanted to get a jack russell but i been told they need space to run around because they are hype.

My Parson Jack Russell was ok = though he got a lot of exercise through regular walking = and he was from working stock.