Acid attacks contingency

tx4cabbie

He was the proffesional,Not You..

So I will stick with that..

Actually, by profession I am an industrial chemist, and deal with mineral acids on a daily basis...

The boiling your supplier mentioned is due to the energy released when a acid is diluted - which why the general rule is add acid to water, not water to acid.

In the case of acid spills onto people, the way to counter this is to add lots of water very quickly - which is why emergency drench showers have the flow rate they do.

Edited by CaptainBeaky

I think they should make a law that says anyone caught doing this regardless of the damage done should get a full life sentence in the American way 999 years I would do the same for anyone found kicking someone in the head stop all of this namby pamby shirt sentence rubbish my thoughts for what they are worth.

Good idea. We are too soft in this country. I read somewhere last week that some numpty in the US had shot a police dog and they gave him 45 years, and rightly so. Here he would of been told that he was a very naughty boy and that he would not be allowed to shoot another within the next year or else.

Edited by SPAS 15

As far as I'm aware acid would be included as a section 5 weapon covered under noxious gas or liquid so as far as I know the law already covers it's use as severely as handguns and the like but I stand ready to be corrected if anyone with more knowledge than me knows different?

I think you are 100% correct. That's not rocket science

As far as I'm aware acid would be included as a section 5 weapon covered under noxious gas or liquid so as far as I know the law already covers it's use as severely as handguns and the like but I stand ready to be corrected if anyone with more knowledge than me knows different?

Already cut & paste the relevant chapter.

If plod/CPS are NOT pursuing these attacks as S5 related then they need to look for new jobs.

Automatic 5-year sentence on top of the GBH side & any other injury, theft, etc.

If you want a way to wash acid off yourself or someone else it would be pretty easy to fit a 25 litre barrel and a 12v pump system into the boot of your car with a 10mm delivery hose.

10mm isn't much but a constant flow for a reasonable length of time is better than just throwing it all over in one go. Throw 5 litres of water over someone in one go and then what do you do?

25 litres over 20 minutes is going to give the ambulance time to get there while keeping the "burn" cool and flushing away any substance.

Wouldn't cost a great deal either, 12v pumps are pretty cheap on ebay.

Stay safe, hope you never need it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Genuine-DC-Water-pump-240L-H-12V-Mini-Ultra-Quiet-Black-Pump-UK-/222535834119?hash=item33d02b5a07:g:gP0AAOSwrhBZNXQ6

Just an example, costs naff all and would be able to irrigate for 6 minutes out of a 25 litre drum.

Edited by 39TDS

Actually, by profession I am an industrial chemist, and deal with mineral acids on a daily basis...

The boiling your supplier mentioned is due to the energy released when a acid is diluted - which why the general rule is add acid to water, not water to acid.

In the case of acid spills onto people, the way to counter this is to add lots of water very quickly - which is why emergency drench showers have the flow rate they do.

+lots

It's a bit scary to think there is a belief that copious irrigation would make it worse.

I saw that moron ms.abbot on the news proposing the "solution" that sulphuric acid should be licensed. Talk about an empty gesture . What about car batteries, every other acid, bleach, Tabasco sauce and strong alkalis.

The preferred method of delivery is a water bottle with a nozzle. So why not ban those. Of course taking the cap off a bottle to drink from it is a bit medieval but I'm sure we'd cope without too many deaths from dehydration.

Diane "sums dun for cash" Aboott just on ITN wanting sulphuric acid to be licensed

Love her or hate her there is no need to insult I am a Labour supporter but I do not like her listening to her speaking on the radio last night you have to admire her for carrying on with all of the horrible abuse that she get no body should have to put up with that in this country.

I work at a top tier COMAH site and we have all the nasty acids on site. Every person on the carries on a belt 3 capsules of diphotorine

We replaced all our eyewash stations with state of the art kit

https://www.kaysmedical.com/chemical-decontamination/chemical-splash-eye-wash-solution

http://www.diphex.com/diphoterine.html

Its expensive............... can see a big demand if these acid attacks continue

im guessing that the government will do the normal thing , theyll ban everything stronger than lemon juice , and licence all cleaning products , it will inconvenience millions of people , and leave hundreds or thousands of working people unemployed , and the acid attacks will carry on or get worse.

the right thing to do , would be to lock up these dirty little shagnasty xxxxxxx for 20 years , and make every damned minute of it a misery , a second offence should attract a full life term .

im guessing that the government will do the normal thing , theyll ban everything stronger than lemon juice , and licence all cleaning products , it will inconvenience millions of people , and leave hundreds or thousands of working people unemployed , and the acid attacks will carry on or get worse.

the right thing to do , would be to lock up these dirty little shagnasty xxxxxxx for 20 years , and make every damned minute of it a misery , a second offence should attract a full life term .

This.

Yep. Can't find fault in any of that. 👍 Edited by Scully

I think you are 100% correct. That's not rocket science

It's not as simple.... a jiff lemon bottle filled with bleach was not found to be a s5 firearm.... judgement by means of stated case...

Clearly an offensive weapon though made intended or adapted for causing injury.

However s29 of the offences against the person act 1861

Throwing noxious or corrosive liquid does return a max life sentence

Edited by happypig

I'm puzzled as to how legislation ( apart from the severity of the sentence ) would change anything; most household detergents if sprayed into anyone's face wouldn't do any good.

It's the bog standard knee jerk reaction we all know and love when something bad happens.

BAN IT!!!! Punish the law abiding.

It's not as simple.... a jiff lemon bottle filled with bleach was not found to be a s5 firearm.... judgement by means of stated case...

Clearly an offensive weapon though made intended or adapted for causing injury.

However s29 of the offences against the person act 1861

Throwing noxious or corrosive liquid does return a max life sentence

But the trouble is, the Courts will never impose it.

What about one of these - fully pressurised and easy to change to fresh water every day?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rhyas-20-Litre-20L-Garden-Backpack-Pressure-Sprayer-Knapsack-Weed-Chemical-/391780096514?epid=513019905&hash=item5b37e9da02:g:RQsAAOSwjqVZEy51

Mike.

Edited by Mike737

Unfortunatly the police have given these low life the green light for these type of crimes for years and have a policy not to knock the idiots off their puy-puts.As soon as a bobby with a brain decides to fight back and knock them off their probably stolen bikes then we might see this type of behavior stop overnight. from Auntie.

And when your 'bobby with a brain' is in court charged with murder or manslaughter, because the scrote went under the wheels of a truck... Or veered onto the footpath and killed a child? What then?

Mike.