World ICTSF Sporting at Kelmarsh

Gordon R

I come back to George Digweed's comments. It takes a fair bit for a lad of his stature to put pen to paper in the manner he did.

Is he telling the truth - I don't see anyone disputing traps being moved or discounted? Some of the comments make it appear that this is sour grapes from those who didn't shoot well. George's comments and others would appear to go far deeper than poor food and cost of entry.

He wasn't the only big name to question trajectory of targets on different days as I stood next to a well known shot who on viewing stand 4 on blue remarked at how very different it was on the Friday to the Thursday. I agree with a lot of the above, we only tried the food on the Thursday but it was look warm and so on the Friday we had a breakfast before going and an icecream after. 12 stands is so normal would have been nice to have more. Been to some great shoots where you get 2 pairs, 3 pairs, a little sequence of perhaps three traps, even three in the air and shoot two. Lacklustre really is how I would have described it. Target difficulty - I expect to be challenged and I want it so it's not about that for me. I've seen more difficult targets on some of my Sunday registered shoots - it's more about the excitement of the presentation. There were too many on edge quartering, you expect a few but total overload. I'd like to see a couple of target setters at big shoots rather than one to mix it up. It's a great shame really as I am sure the course setter wanted to give of his best, I can't imagine he wouldn't want to. The whole closing a stand and the awarding ten on another stand just really made a mockery of scores. I gained Targets and it doesn't sit well with me at all.

The whole closing a stand and the awarding ten on another stand just really made a mockery of scores. I gained Targets and it doesn't sit well with me at all.

That is the bit that sticks in my throat. I have been there, albeit many, many years ago and at a smaller shoot. Some shooters complained that a stand, which I had already shot, was too difficult. It was replaced with another easier target and I lost out.