Right lads

Been prompted by wookey wookey here

Long story and won't go into that now

However I now have to learn to cook🙃

So easy simple recipes for proper food please 😉

Note

I have never cooked anything ever totally haven't got a clue

So simple precise instructions are essential

I have lots of stuff don't really know what it is and a freezer full of stuff too

So over to the chefs among you

All the best

Of

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peel the lid off,pour hot water to the line,wait 5 minutes then enjoy the one pot dish,no washing up it doesn't get any simpler mate lol,atb BB

Thanks for that very useful 😂

Although I live opposite to a good food rated pub so very easy option there

Maybe I should elaborate

I have two large chest freezers full of everything from aardvark to zebras

Sitting there

I sort of need to develop the skills to use it (hate wasting) so cook and eating all seems the best way

However I have never cooked anything !!!!!

Washing up not a problem if you can do it with cold water

Thanks for your reply

All the best

Of

Cut meat into chunks bung into electric slow cooker pot, cover with water add a couple of stock cubes, add root veg carrots, celery, parsnips, swede etc add salt and pepper to taste let it cook on very low all day, when done boil some peeled and quartered taters add salt to taste boil till soft......when the fork goes in easily and they fall off the fork they're done! Drain taters put em on a plate, add content of cooking pot.......enjoy!

tasty and simple!

Peel the lid off,pour hot water to the line,wait 5 minutes then enjoy the one pot dish,no washing up it doesn't get any simpler mate lol,atb BB

Yep. Got to be chicken and mushroom, and use the sachet of soy sauce! :yes:

Joke and apart, look on the forum lists here on PW, there's a link to some good recipes.

Also, the Scott Rea You-tube channel is good for game cooking if that's your thing...

James.

Pizza.

Use a pita bread as the base,smear tomato puree on slice cheese place on top and put under the grill or in the oven. You can add anything you like to it,ie mushrooms, bacon, ham etc.

Google smart recipes, it brilliant and simple, will even give you a shopping list once you have picked your meals

Cut meat into chunks bung into electric slow cooker pot, cover with water add a couple of stock cubes, add root veg carrots, celery, parsnips, swede etc add salt and pepper to taste let it cook on very low all day, when done boil some peeled and quartered taters add salt to taste boil till soft......when the fork goes in easily and they fall off the fork they're done! Drain taters put em on a plate, add content of cooking pot.......enjoy!

tasty and simple!

Ok thanks for your reply I try it out 😊

Few questions

What's a stock cube ?

Hot or cold water to cover everything in slow cooker ?

What's a slow cooker look like?

For reference I'm not taking the Mick I genuinely don't have a clue

Pizza.

Use a pita bread as the base,smear tomato puree on slice cheese place on top and put under the grill or in the oven. You can add anything you like to it,ie mushrooms, bacon, ham etc.

Google smart recipes, it brilliant and simple, will even give you a shopping list once you have picked your meals

Ah thanks for snack recipe I shall try it 😊

And have a look at google

All the best

Of

Yep. Got to be chicken and mushroom, and use the sachet of soy sauce! :yes:

Joke and apart, look on the forum lists here on PW, there's a link to some good recipes.

Also, the Scott Rea You-tube channel is good for game cooking if that's your thing...

James.

Thanks for your reply looked on the forums food recipes section alas most were just lists of ingredients

I look at Scott rea

Many thanks

Of

You want to focus on Stew/hotpot recipes, really simple....

2 large red onion sliced and fried in large pot with 2 oz butter to soften/carmalize but not burn put into bottom of casserole dish, salt and pepper.

Cube 1lb meat into 1 inch chunks or smaller, Brown meat (sear outsides) in same pot (not need to wash), add to casserole dish.

Add any other diced veges you like,

Add stock cube (commercial boiled bone reduction available in every supermarket/corner shop) to boiled water in pot to dissolve and then fill casserole dish with liquid just to cover up the meat.

Cover with 3 layers of sliced potato, salt and pepper.

Put into oven for at least 1 hour at 180 to 200.

Remove lid to brown for 10 minutes.

Enjoy

You want to focus on Stew/hotpot recipes, really simple....

2 large red onion sliced and fried in large pot with 2 oz butter to soften/carmalize but not burn put into bottom of casserole dish, salt and pepper.

Cube 1lb meat into 1 inch chunks or smaller, Brown meat (sear outsides) in same pot (not need to wash), add to casserole dish.

Add any other diced veges you like,

Add stock cube (commercial boiled bone reduction available in every supermarket/corner shop) to boiled water in pot to dissolve and then fill casserole dish with liquid just to cover up the meat.

Cover with 3 layers of sliced potato, salt and pepper.

Put into oven for at least 1 hour at 180 to 200.

Remove lid to brown for 10 minutes.

Enjoy

That's good understand what you're saying thanks for taking the time to reply

Will give it a try

All the best

Of

Ok thanks for your reply I try it out

Few questions

What's a stock cube ?

Hot or cold water to cover everything in slow cooker ?

What's a slow cooker look like?

For reference I'm not taking the Mick I genuinely don't have a clue

Ask grocer for Oxo cubes or stock pots, put a couple in the water with the ingredients...adds flavour!

Cold water or hot shouldn't matter,

It's a big electric cooking pot with adjustable temperature control knob and a lead and a mains plug,.....quite cheap to buy!

If the casserole is a bit thin (watery) when done and you like a thicker gravy, stir in a spoonful or two of bisto gravy mix.......

Chucken chicken.

1 Onion

1 pepper

1 courgette

Fresh Tomms vine are best handful.

1 carrot

1 sweet potato or 1 normal potatoe must boil normal one first.

Diced chicken,Turkey or sausage.

Cut everything up roughly stick in a bowl and cover in oil I use vegetable or olive,add seasoning, salt, pepper,chilli powder, chilly flakes are best

Or you could use any herbs.

Preheat the oven 220degc put all the contents of the bowl onto a baking tray center of oven and roast for around 45 min until it goes brown or meat is cooked.

You can add anything to this, I cook enough for 3-4 meals and freeze portions in old takeaway tubs, then micro wave,the gs ones are best.

If you every cook anything that's to watery or runny just add pasta,i always chuck it in casseroles.

Good luck.

Edited by Albert 888

Google "pannhaggelty"

Several variations

Pyrex dish....slice ingredients THINLY....layer into a greased dish....into the oven....finish under grill with a bit grated cheese on top.

Can be as simple as potatoes, onion & a meat of some sort. Bacon off-cuts or even fish would work too.

For non-oven cooking.

Pressure cooker and/or slow cooker.

Rice cookers are worth having too; just add water & rice, great results every time. Got mine from Chinese supermarket but have bought them for others from Aldi/Lidl. Try Argos too.

None of this olde skool **** from my childhood of changing the water several times!

Get in a charity shop & look for Student cook books....aimed at youngsters heading to university

Edited by saddler

Google "pannhaggelty"

Several variations

Pyrex dish....slice ingredients THINLY....layer into a greased dish....into the oven....finish under grill with a bit grated cheese on top.

Can be as simple as potatoes, onion & a meat of some sort. Bacon off-cuts or even fish would work too.

For non-oven cooking.

Pressure cooker and/or slow cooker.

Rice cookers are worth having too; just add water & rice, great results every time. Got mine from Chinese supermarket but have bought them for others from Aldi/Lidl. Try Argos too.

None of this olde skool **** from my childhood of changing the water several times!

Get in a charity shop & look for Student cook books....aimed at youngsters heading to university

Good tip the top method

Sausage meat or pull the skin off 6 sausages.

put in the bottom of the dish.

Slice one onion and core,peel and slice one apple then layer over the sausage meat.

1 tin of chopped plum tomatoes pour on top.

Peel and thinly slice potatoes and put on top cook in the oven 200-220 degc. Around 30-45 min.

Bob a job.

Best tip is don't be scared cooking is a whole new adventure.

Good tip the top method

Sausage meat or pull the skin off 6 sausages.

put in the bottom of the dish.

Slice one onion and core,peel and slice one apple then layer over the sausage meat.

1 tin of chopped plum tomatoes pour on top.

Peel and thinly slice potatoes and put on top cook in the oven 200-220 degc. Around 30-45 min.

Bob a job.

Best tip is don't be scared cooking is a whole new adventure.

Thanks for your reply certainly a adventure a whole new world 🙄

Many thanks

Of

Chucken chicken.

1 Onion

1 pepper

1 courgette

Fresh Tomms vine are best handful.

1 carrot

1 sweet potato or 1 normal potatoe must boil normal one first.

Diced chicken,Turkey or sausage.

Cut everything up roughly stick in a bowl and cover in oil I use vegetable or olive,add seasoning, salt, pepper,chilli powder, chilly flakes are best

Or you could use any herbs.

Preheat the oven 220degc put all the contents of the bowl onto a baking tray center of oven and roast for around 45 min until it goes brown or meat is cooked.

You can add anything to this, I cook enough for 3-4 meals and freeze portions in old takeaway tubs, then micro wave,the gs ones are best.

If you every cook anything that's to watery or runny just add pasta,i always chuck it in casseroles.

Good luck.

I'm guessing this works with duck and goose?

Thanks for your reply starting to get a bit more confident here

Many thanks

Of

I'm guessing this works with duck and goose?

Thanks for your reply starting to get a bit more confident here

Many thanks

Of

I haven't tried it but I will.

Duck or goose for me is best to pan Fry the brest slice 1/4" thick lightly toast a pita bread buy a good bag of salad shove it in the put bread and add some kind of sauce, ie sweet chilly or maynaise for me.

Eggy bread is another easy snack, scramble eggs add salt and pepper,soak bread in the egg mix then fry.

Writing this is making me hungry.

Edited by Albert 888

I haven't tried it but I will.

Duck or goose for me is best to pan Fry the brest slice 1/4" thick lightly toast a pita bread buy a good bag of salad shove it in the put bread and add some kind of sauce, ie sweet chilly or maynaise for me.

Eggy bread is another easy snack, scramble eggs add salt and pepper,soak bread in the egg mix then fry.

Writing this is making me hungry.

Thanks

How do you scramble eggs ? Haven't mastered frying them either

And can't eat salad sorry no teeth 😂

Honestly haven't got a clue

Need a book cooking for 6 year olds

Break 3 eggs into a bowl add salt and pepper a splash of milk and wish or beat with a fork until all the whites and yolks are mixed to the same colour. You can put that mix in a non stick pan and keep stiring until lite and fluffy.

Same principle for omelette but put in a frying pan and dont stair as much, you can add mushrooms, ham,cheese,tomatoes etc,if you put quite a bit of extras in it you may have to put under the grill to finish off, be careful if the frying pan handle is plastic.

First thing, work out what you have in freezer.

Next work out where the cooker is, usually the dalek looking thing in the kitchen.

Find pan or make your own.

Veg - boil in newly made pan till soft or oven roast in the dalek's belly.

Meat (sausage/bacon/steak)- put new pan on top of dalek, add a little oil (NOT ENGINE OIL) and shallow fry for a few minutes.

Meat joints roast for about 20min per pound of weight.

These are just from my own experiences and if all else fails, the pub across the road does great food or go to the chip shop.

All the best mate :good:

Break 3 eggs into a bowl add salt and pepper a splash of milk and wish or beat with a fork until all the whites and yolks are mixed to the same colour. You can put that mix in a non stick pan and keep stiring until lite and fluffy.

Get with the 21st century grandad :whistling:

Break the eggs into a small glass bowl. Mix.

Shove in the microwave for about 60 seconds on full.

Remove and mix again to break up the cooked pieces a little.

Shove in the microwave again for 20-30 seconds on full.

Remove & mix if needed, then allow to stand.

Serve on fresh toast or as a side dish to bacon, sausage, etc.

The advantage cooking them in the microwave?

A LOT less drama trying to clean a glass bowl compared to a pan - and it's easier/faster

First thing, work out what you have in freezer.

Next work out where the cooker is, usually the dalek looking thing in the kitchen.

Find pan or make your own.

Veg - boil in newly made pan till soft or oven roast in the dalek's belly.

Meat (sausage/bacon/steak)- put new pan on top of dalek, add a little oil (NOT ENGINE OIL) and shallow fry for a few minutes.

Meat joints roast for about 20min per pound of weight.

These are just from my own experiences and if all else fails, the pub across the road does great food or go to the chip shop.

All the best mate :good:

Alien creatures cookers

Bit of a problem nothing labelled in freezer however a bit or a surprise never hurt anything 😙🙃

Thanks for your reply

All the best

Of