benelli semi auto miss feeding

gemini52

I bought a new benelli semi auto in january this year,paid £1,470 for it the reason being i wanted a good quality gun that would last me,being inertia driven its recomended that you put some heavy loads through it to bed the spring and working parts in,i have done this using some 32 and 36 gram cartriges,it must have had at least 15 hundred cartriges through it and the dam thing is still miss feeding,the second cart gets jamed in the carrier,i have been using cheddite trap which are quite punchy and have been ok but i used it yesterday and wednesday and it has started to play up again,its been totally stripped down,cleaned,and had a good spray with silicon,it has its last chance if its still playing up it will be going back to north wales shooting school,anyone got any feed back would be appreciated.

Guest cookoff013

Clean and lubricate the trigger group

Oil the rails and head and inertia spring.

Oil the return spring in the stock.

Only get stoppages with 21g loads.

Yeah make sure you clean all the silicone out of the gun that you have put in .before you take it back.

Silicone promotes galling in metal on metal areas .this could invalidate your warrenty and leave you with the unworking gun .

Normal car engine oil would do the job

I would try a different brand of cartridge first. I shoot a lot of Cheddite in both 28 and 24 gram. I use them because they are soft shooting. If I am using my Beretta 303 auto, I stick with Gamebore Velocity or Hull Superfast or even Eley Olympics, none of which fail to cycle.

It will say minimum weight if cartridge they will cycle and I'm sure it's more than 28 grams. My m2 wouldn't cycle 28gram without jamming when I first got it.

A thorough strip and clean and relube as Benelli recomend and it cycles them fine, but will not run the dry. A drop of oil on the slide rails and alls well again. I wouldn't use silicone on any gun.

Edited by figgy

check your fired shell length a lot of semis will only handle 70mm and above some well known suppliers stamp 70mm on the cases and they are 67 and 65mm which means they will be safe in a 70mm gun only found this out when started reloading and got rid of a semi that played up on 70mm cases they were actually 67mm

I bought a new benelli semi auto in january this year,paid £1,470 for it the reason being i wanted a good quality gun that would last me,being inertia driven its recomended that you put some heavy loads through it to bed the spring and working parts in,i have done this using some 32 and 36 gram cartriges,it must have had at least 15 hundred cartriges through it and the dam thing is still miss feeding,the second cart gets jamed in the carrier,i have been using cheddite trap which are quite punchy and have been ok but i used it yesterday and wednesday and it has started to play up again,its been totally stripped down,cleaned,and had a good spray with silicon,it has its last chance if its still playing up it will be going back to north wales shooting school,anyone got any feed back would be appreciated.

Tony.

Take it back and have the gun sent back to GMK. .....Give me a shout and I'll come with you.

I've read lots of online reports of this not getting sorted. One lad had a look at his new gun that had problem against his older same model working perfect gun. He found a bit of bad casting or finishing at the back of the action and slide rails stopping the carriage short and causing it not to fully cycle, a quick file down and it was fixed.

They must be ran wet to cycle non of my autos ever ran 28gram carts properly dry they would jam after a few rounds. Drop of oil and no more faults. I have used graphite powder in the past when going somewhere dusty and not wanting the oil to get gritty.

Edited by figgy

check your fired shell length a lot of semis will only handle 70mm and above some well known suppliers stamp 70mm on the cases and they are 67 and 65mm which means they will be safe in a 70mm gun only found this out when started reloading and got rid of a semi that played up on 70mm cases they were actually 67mm

This