Up grades

Walker570

I have been looking at the upgrades available for the TX200 in particular and taking into account the cost of the bits and the claims that the 'upgrade' makes such a difference, being a grumpy old watsit I just wondered why the manufacturers did not do this right from the start. Factoring in the cost of original against the alternative parts there would surely not be a big difference in total price on the shelf.

Tel me, are these upgrades worth bothering with when my TX200 will put every pellet in the same hole if it didn't have me pulling the trigger :rolleyes::no::unhappy:

Not worth it in my book .but i dont really tune my springers much .

The tx is one if not the number one .most tuned spot on out the box springers you can buy .

Any tuning parts are definatly a case of diminishing returns .and if your springer is running sweet now you could make it worse .

I once stopped at a well known tuners house to drop of a gun for a mate and we chatted he showed me his race tuned tx .had all the aparent best bit you can get on it .and he raved about how smooth it was .i shot it and if felt ok .i then passed him my bog standard bsa lightening xl .which ive done nothing to .

But it is very very nice to shoot .its just a sublime example and is obviously correctly balanced .he shot it .and was amazed .asking how i got a lightening to be so good .

Truth is if your gun is right leave alone .

Ps my other bsa lightening is no where near as good .not even in the same book .