Semi Auto Cartridge Solution

finreid

Back last year, I made a very simple device that deflected spent cases down to the floor. The only problem I had was finding a way of fixing it to the side of the shotgun. I shelved the idea, but will now look into it again.

hello, i see that post steve, i watched some videos of semi autos ejecting cartridges using deflectors or catch bags, i am sure something can be made that wont look out of place or bulky, and save that routing about in the grass

hello, i see that post steve, i watched some videos of semi autos ejecting cartridges using deflectors or catch bags, i am sure something can be made that wont look out of place or bulky, and save that routing about in the grass

Yes, my idea was simple, but worked. Basically, a curved piece of metal which deflected the spent cases down to the floor. As mentioned, getting it to attach firmly to the shotgun was my problem. I'm going to look into this again this week and see if I can work out a way of doing it.

I have never seen any gadgets to catch cases,and can not see anything being effective.

I've seen a few in the past...may have been hallucinating though...they even WORKED as intended.

One of the simplest DIY types was an empty 2 litre milk bottle with handle.

Yes, my idea was simple, but worked. Basically, a curved piece of metal which deflected the spent cases down to the floor. As mentioned, getting it to attach firmly to the shotgun was my problem. I'm going to look into this again this week and see if I can work out a way of doing it.

hell steve, would double sided velcro not work i think you can get some with both sides like sticky tape ? stick on your deflector and same on side of auto. the sticky can be removed with white spirit if required

hell steve, would double sided velcro not work i think you can get some with both sides like sticky tape ? stick on your deflector and same on side of auto. the sticky can be removed with white spirit if required

Yes you can I have some, and coincidentally my missus uses it at work

I did try velcro tape, and, at first it held firmly. But after 10-15 shots, the deflector came loose. I'm thinking of ways of fixing it more firmly.

The catcher in the video looks to work well enough, and i hate loosing cases especially 10ga yet i still do not feel i would use such a device if one existed for my semi autos.

Perhaps i am wrong but i feel that as its the Original posters first day with his semi auto he has come away surprised how they throw them about, i say give it a few outings with the gun get into the routine of clearing up after yourself, you might miss a few cases yet i would rather loose a few than put up with the encumbrance of a catcher pulling cases off the rail it is not for me.

A deflector perhaps but again with that it is something else on the side of the gun to get in the way, i think i would just pick up afterwards if it were my choice.

Edited by lancer425