White uv paint

mcmj

A1 decoys! White or grey £8.99 a bottle don't for get your PW discount code!

Thank you for recommending us. We use to sell hundreds of the bottles but we haven't got any stock currently! We have tried contacting manufactures all over the world and had no response or luck getting any so far :(

I had another look last week and couldn't see any new manufactures or suppliers.

Aimee @ A1

Edited by A1Decoy

I only use dead birds but years ago we used to make our decoys from old grey plastic guttering, and then paint the wing and neck bars on with white matt paint and they worked, I also used to touch-up some of my old decoys with the same paint and they worked, so I don't see why you need UV paint.

I only use dead birds but years ago we used to make our decoys from old grey plastic guttering, and then paint the wing and neck bars on with white matt paint and they worked, I also used to touch-up some of my old decoys with the same paint and they worked, so I don't see why you need UV paint.

I suspect almost anything white e.g. tippex, would work to a degree. The question is what would work best and give the greatest advantage in " pulling" power. As Steve_b says pigeons can see in the uv spectrum and the the white bars on their feathers glow in uv light, that's probably why dead birds are so effective. I'd like to try to obtain the same effect with decoys, hence white uv paint.

Edited by mcmj

I suspect almost anything white e.g. tippex, would work to a degree. The question is what would work best and give the greatest advantage in " pulling" power. As Steve_b says pigeons can see in the uv spectrum and the the white bars on their feathers glow in uv light, that's probably why dead birds are so effective. I'd like to try to obtain the same effect with decoys, hence white uv paint.

If there was any real 'truth' in it, then all decoys would be made using UV paint. To my knowledge, I have never used a decoy that has UV paint on it, and I still shoot pigeons.

Although I do not hold with the theory that you need UV paint on your decoys, one thing that as always made me think at this time of year is how pigeons flying high over trees mange to spot their mates.

If you stand under a tree and look up you can see a fair way up into the tree but if you have viewed a tree canopy from above you can hardly see anything, its just something I have observed and I guess others have to.

Must admit I have been shooting pigeons for a long time and I still do not understand them, I would be interested to hear other shooters theory on that one?