Shells

Hur5ty

like is said above depends on the gun,,,,like for me if i,m usein 28g its 21g no7 or 24g no6,in my 20g its 25g no6 or 28g no6 and in 12g its 30 or 32g no6,take ur pick.it depends on my situation or what i feel like on the day.

In 12b. Lyavale Express English Sporter fibre 7.5.

Runs at 7.25 pellet size rather than true 7.5 and patterns well in both o/u and auto.

I also have some fblack sporting which at 8.5it are actually 7.5 English. Sized which i am looking to try.

Edited by Stonepark

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
12 hours ago, getthegat said:

Finding a lighter load and smaller pellet size is working better for me. In my 20 gauge a 25 gram 6 shot works better than 28 or 30 gram 5 and in the 12 gauge a 28 gram 7 shot over a 32 gram 6. But then I'm not that good over 30 - 35 yards, so more pellets mean more birds down. 

Following the logic, have you though about 25g No7 for the 20 bore?

Yes and no. I'm well stocked with cartridges at the moment, but in another thread I had it explained how lighter loads can work better (less distortion, improved pattern) and with one of my 20s being full choke and the other 3/4, a 25 gram load could be the way to go, so next time I need to buy cartridges, I'll definitely be trying a low to mid 20s gram 7 shot. 

Edited by getthegat
Incorrect spelling

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
59 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

Bringing back from the dead... 

Anyone know who stocks these in east anglia? Can't seem to find them anywhere. 

I think that Eastern Sporting in Great Baddow near Chelmsford stock Hull Superfast Pigeon loads.

When in that area, I get my RC Sipes from them. Reasonably priced and a well stocked shop with knowledgeable people to deal with.

OB

12 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

I think that Eastern Sporting in Great Baddow near Chelmsford stock Hull Superfast Pigeon loads.

When in that area, I get my RC Sipes from them. Reasonably priced and a well stocked shop with knowledgeable people to deal with.

OB

So they do! 

Thank you very much might have to make trip on saturday. 

Thanks again. 

On 19/11/2017 at 21:37, getthegat said:

Yes and no. I'm well stocked with cartridges at the moment, but in another thread I had it explained how lighter loads can work better (less distortion, improved pattern) and with one of my 20s being full choke and the other 3/4, a 25 gram load could be the way to go, so next time I need to buy cartridges, I'll definitely be trying a low to mid 20s gram 7 shot. 

Way to go! In fact it's virtually downright essential the way things are going and I'm not talking about monetary savings. I have downsized - not altogether by choice - well I suppose it is actually, virtually no/Hobson's choice -  in terms of load weight and shot size. I tried a box of various (quite a few) at the pattern plate and then some more of those which I thought might do in the field before finally picking on 2 to suit both guns (different chamber sizes) and buying in bulk. This meant 3 separate purchases for each. In one case (largely down to a well known bulk supplier not wanting to break open new stock while have some older - damned near 3 years older -  still available I suspect) this involved 3 different shot sizes for each cartridge type but this was the exception as in all others it was two. Not one type produced the same shot size in all purchases.

Edited by wymberley