Mauser M12 Impact

deputy dog

Anyone on here owns a Mauser M12 Impact and which can give me an honest bit of feed back.

I've got a slot for a .243 to fill and this rifle has caught my eye. Ive read a few reviews on it and bar for the calibers it's only available in, which is .243 or 308. I don't think I've seen a negative response to it.

But if anyone can offer any info up whether positive or negative I'd much appreciate it.

Cheers

Gareth

Cheers for replies lads.

Just been told my local RFD who is a mate as well, just took stock of 3 of these M12 Impacts. So I'll be going over Friday for a look at one completely set up. So I can feel the weight an balance of it before parting with my hard earned.

Gareth

Was reading some reviews just a couple of hours ago and was going to post the same question on here.

Looking for a new rifle in the same calibre but just can't decide what to get

Everything I have read is positive.

Edd

I think they only do them in .243 and 308 at the mo. But I'm not sure if my mate said there's a 30.06 as well being produced.

Reviews with out repeating myself looks like this new rifle, has been well received and at £1150 it's not a bank balance buster either.

I was going to get a Sako Finnlight, but after seeing this rifle. I could save myself a good £500 and have the same quality gun albeit a different name. I could put that towards a new scope then, or new can for the rifle.

Gareth

Edited by deputy dog

I think they only do them in .243 and 308 at the mo. But I'm not sure if my mate said there's a 30.06 as well being produced.

Reviews with out repeating myself looks like this new rifle, has been well received and at £1150 it's not a bank balance buster either.

I was going to get a Sako Finnlight, but after seeing this rifle. I could save myself a good £500 and have the same quality gun albeit a different name. I could put that towards a new scope then, or new can for the rifle.

Gareth

Not handled one yet but all seems good.

I have a bergara on the shelf and was just going to change to that. For a cheap rifle it seems great but I really fancy something a little different that I wouldn't want to change any time soon.

The mauser seems to fit the bill and as you said it's not overly expensive.

Although I could still change my mind and keep things simple with a T3x or even the bergara as it's taunting me every day!.

Edd

Not handled one yet but all seems good.

I have a bergara on the shelf and was just going to change to that. For a cheap rifle it seems great but I really fancy something a little different that I wouldn't want to change any time soon.

The mauser seems to fit the bill and as you said it's not overly expensive.

Although I could still change my mind and keep things simple with a T3x or even the bergara as it's taunting me every day!.

I did get to grips with a couple of guns with the MDT chassis on them. As I fancied something tactical. The chassis I like the most was the LSS XL but was told it would be around 2k when attached to a tikka rifle. Unless I could buy a very good decent second hand tikka and put it on that. But I'm not a fan of buying second hand as you can never be sure how many rounds they have had through them. But I'll be getting to grips with an M12 on Friday and that will make my mind up one way or other. Will I go Tactical or Mauser who knows lol.

Edd