Beretta ultralight ??

Boss243

Evening all , called into rfd this evening and came across a oldish beretta game gun ( maybe 15- 20 years ) . Handled very nice 28" barrel multi choke , had typical scroll pattern with beretta 686 stamped under the action, thing was on the barrel it was stamped ultralight , has any one come across this before ? Was very different to any ultralight I'd previously looked at before , thanks

Evening all , called into rfd this evening and came across a oldish beretta game gun ( maybe 15- 20 years ) . Handled very nice 28" barrel multi choke , had typical scroll pattern with beretta 686 stamped under the action, thing was on the barrel it was stamped ultralight , has any one come across this before ? Was very different to any ultralight I'd previously looked at before , thanks

hello, search an old post what year is my beretta, may find more info on model

The Ultralight has an aluminium alloy frame for lightness. IIRC the breech face is steel though. Otherwise it's a 686, but considering the light weight, it might bash you around with anything other than light loads. Not a very good choice for 100 bird clay shoots - unless you like pain of course. :good:

The Ultralight has an aluminium alloy frame for lightness. IIRC the breech face is steel though. Otherwise it's a 686, but considering the light weight, it might bash you around with anything other than light loads. Not a very good choice for 100 bird clay shoots - unless you like pain of course. :good:

Not so. I have used mine for several sim game days, shooting circa 500 carts a time. Yes, I know I've shot it but pain, absolutely not.

Not so. I have used mine for several sim game days, shooting circa 500 carts a time. Yes, I know I've shot it but pain, absolutely not.

Granted some folk are less recoil sensitive than others, but you can't change the laws of physics and for a given shell load, the lighter the gun the greater the the recoil. The only person I ever knew who used a UL for clays bought it because due to size and strength limitations he had difficulty managing a full weight sporter, but he had to shoot 21gm shells through it. Even then he found it thumpy so eventually changed to a semi.

Evening , called back to rfd this afternoon to look at gun again , it seems to be a variant of the 686 that I have not come across before , was made in 2000 , standard scroll on a steel frame , ultralight stamped on barrels and weighing a tad under 7lbs, was looking for a replacement rough shooting gun as I have a mk70 for clays ,dealer though they were rare enough ?

I tried an ultralight a lad had at our club, the one with gold birds on. Felt nice fitted nice but it jumped about wen I shot it. Limited to 70mm carts to due to being alloy action.

Also tried a Winchester lightweight and that thing kicked like a mule, even its owner laughed and said it's got some kick. I would fit a isis pad to mitigate some of the recoil. Even if you don't feel the recoil your body is still getting it.

Might have a look about for a lightweight 525 , browning / miroku guns seem to fit me that bit better so thanks for replys , failing that going to have a serious look at getting a 20 bore with a decent cart for the coming season , might just be the way to go .