Getting a Benelli 828u what other chokes fit

johnphilip

Guest cookoff013

lots of others that make the chokes to benelli spec.

i think they are crio coke, labeled as crio-choke-plus. get the size and dimentions .

also if it is crio plus, it may not be compatable with the beretta opti plus (whatever) different bore size.

just double check before you get.

The Beretta chokes are same threads. Just check bore dimensions on Benelli to the Beretta, some differ so choke constrictions don't stay same. It maybe a 1/4 choke in Beretta but come out athalf in your Benelli.

What's the bore stamped at on your gun.

Plenty of info online on this too.

Really interested in your opinion when you get it, will you post up a review? My mate just sold his as he had a few issues with it but I shot it and thought it was a really nice gun.

Yes i will try to write something once i get used to it. Hopefully the gun arrives.

Has it landed yet?

Heck your worse than me lol. No not here yet and the gunroom is closed on a monday.my pals wife tried one about a year ago. A 28 barrel i tried it on DTL and liked it .but tried some crosser and missed quite a few. So put me of a bit. Then reading later i found you could alter the stock with shims like a semi. I think it is a great idea .and would save money on having to get a stock altered .i think other makers should look into this style.

Are you a big fella, what was the recoil like for you on the 28?

Im 5'6 and 9 1/2 stone so get weary carrying heavy guns around all day. Ive waved a 26 around in a gunshop and it was too quick. Ive never shot one yet but im thinking the recoil cant be any greater than my sub 7lb SxS with a wooden butt plate

I am 6 foot and 14 stone .my mates wife loved it .she felt no recoil .it was just the stock was to long for her. We later found out that there is differant stocks you can get for them .you can order one with a shorter stock. Four of us shoot 2 males and 2 females. We all use the Hull Comp X 28 gram low recoil cartridges both ladies shoot the Ata arms guns with alloy action a very light gun and no kick as such. Fingers crossed tomorrow it will arrive.

What issues did he have with it?

Sorry for the delay in responding, it failed to eject some brands of shell apparently. I don't know what ones it had issues with but he ended up exchanging it for a 725. He is both a fussy ****** and loaded so it could well have been user error or he just decided it wasn't for him so I wouldn't assume it signifies a problem with them generally.

Edited by Wingman