Man cave. Shed

leeds chimp

My current shed has nearly rotted away... So been looking to replace..

Had a look round and wooden sheds for the size I want are not cheap,,, so got me thinking of building one...

Looking at about 10x10 very roughly....

Better off with brick or concrete "slabs "

And a rough cost

Built a run threw garage with two roller doors at the side of the house and took over the one at the top of the garden , that way can put all my stuff into the freezers and nobody can see what if i reverse up , got telly, stereo etc and i spend many a happy shift in there knitting nets making snares etc and by the type of music thats coming out the family know if its a no go zone

Have a look at the Australian metal sheds with a very long guarantee prices are good for the size you get. Can't remember the name of them, I'll post it up if find it.

Here's a link to a absco zincalume 3mx3.66m metal apex shed. £600

http://www.shedsworld.co.uk/p/Absco_Regent_Zincalume_Metal_Shed_%283m_x_3.66m%29.htm

Edited by figgy

hi chimp, I built a 16x8 apex for £800, that was just the materials. 22mm flooring, cls stud frame, and 1/2" wbp ply clad, and green mineral felt. The ply is carp, i'm now having to replace the lot with 19mm osb which funnily enough is cheaper and more durable, try the likes of S&M in aylsham, they do free delivery on a large order like that.

Have a look at the Australian metal sheds with a very long guarantee prices are good for the size you get. Can't remember the name of them, I'll post it up if find it.

Here's a link to a absco zincalume 3mx3.66m metal apex shed. £600

http://www.shedsworld.co.uk/p/Absco_Regent_Zincalume_Metal_Shed_%283m_x_3.66m%29.htm

Was after something that could chuck a sofa in and maybe a games systems....

hi chimp, I built a 16x8 apex for £800, that was just the materials. 22mm flooring, cls stud frame, and 1/2" wbp ply clad, and green mineral felt. The ply is carp, i'm now having to replace the lot with 19mm osb which funnily enough is cheaper and more durable, try the likes of S&M in aylsham, they do free delivery on a large order like that.

Thats the figure I was more expecting...

Does it keep warm?

As hoping to put a mini bar in as also on the hunt for a hot tub

it'll only be warm if you insulate and line the inside, plus a heat source like a leccy radiator. Hot tub? you'll need some damp proof boards and ventilation, and a solid slab concrete floor to bear that weight, permanent power supply to run it, and a bigger shed, 10x10 isn't that big.

thick end of 2k I reckon.

Edited by Paddy Galore!

I built mine 3 years ago, 5mt x 7mt concrete base, 2 layers of engineering bricks 4.5x4.5 for the timber frame to stand on, leaving a concrete area out the front. 4x2 timber frame with some old patio doors in the front FOC from a local window company.

Clad in barn-lap, 25mm marine ply on the roof with ondaline to keep the water off, insulated and electric.

Got someone in to clear the space, do the ground work, concrete and bricks, cost about £1,500.00, plus another £1,500.00 in wood, insulation etc. Took 2 of us about three weekends to build, It doesn't compare to the sheds I was looking to buy for that size and price, they were built out of ply wood in comparison to mine.

I'll take some pics tonight.

it'll only be warm if you insulate and line the inside, plus a heat source like a leccy radiator. Hot tub? you'll need some damp proof boards and ventilation, and a solid slab concrete floor to bear that weight, permanent power supply to run it, and a bigger shed, 10x10 isn't that big.

thick end of 2k I reckon.

Sorry

Hot tub will be outside the shed...

I built mine 3 years ago, 5mt x 7mt concrete base, 2 layers of engineering bricks 4.5x4.5 for the timber frame to stand on, leaving a concrete area out the front. 4x2 timber frame with some old patio doors in the front FOC from a local window company.

Clad in barn-lap, 25mm marine ply on the roof with ondaline to keep the water off, insulated and electric.

Got someone in to clear the space, do the ground work, concrete and bricks, cost about £1,500.00, plus another £1,500.00 in wood, insulation etc. Took 2 of us about three weekends to build, It doesn't compare to the sheds I was looking to buy for that size and price, they were built out of ply wood in comparison to mine.

I'll take some pics tonight.

Thats probably more the design I am looking at

I am just a bit clueless when it comes to DIY

Chimp even a metal shed insulated will be nice and warm. The lack of maintainance or worry about rot and long warranty is what I like about the zincalume sheds.

If you want a proper cost mancave go block and insulate it will be warm quiet and more secure.