You should shoot with both eyes open !

Royboy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot with both eyes open all my life (77yrs) and 14yrs of that shooting handguns and sniper rifles as a 'team'. Even handguns I shoot both eyes open and it is essential for tactical work to be able to have full 180 plus vision at all times. Shotgun I never 'aim' , just look at the bird. BUT HEH! If you are scoring well on clays or live game by closing one eye stick with it, there ain't no danger of a woodpigeon sneaking up on your blind side and popping you one :-)

Edited by Walker570

A magazine currently available (August edition ) has an article where they are sponsoring and providing coaching for a new shot who cannot shoot with both eyes open .

He is left handed , shoots off the left shoulder and says he has a left master eye (surely the Coach has checked?) they are going to work on this issue ????

Do this on lessons..

Started out with a piece of tape over my left eye to try and make my right eye dominant as the tape prevents the left eye from being able to focus but maintains the peripheral vision and I got use to it.

THEN

Off comes the tape and then I shot with one eye open and was told to open both eyes just as I was about to pull the trigger (this may have been the other way around as it was a few lessons back and was only done for a short period of time) i may have tracked the clay with both eyes and then opened just as I was about to shoot.

THEN

I do what I do now and shoot both eyes open. Was a pain getting used to something then changing it but it was over a small time frame and i'd rather try and do things the right way so i'm rather grateful.

No issue shooting both eyes open now however when i started i was heavily left eye dominant.

Just learning these type of tricks which teach your brain to do what you want it to do/see.

Edited by evolution380

Do this on lessons..

Started out with a piece of tape over my left eye to try and make my right eye dominant as the tape prevents the left eye from being able to focus but maintains the peripheral vision and I got use to it.

THEN

Off comes the tape and then I shot with one eye open and was told to open both eyes just as I was about to pull the trigger (this may have been the other way around as it was a few lessons back and was only done for a short period of time) i may have tracked the clay with both eyes and then opened just as I was about to shoot.

THEN

I do what I do now and shoot both eyes open. Was a pain getting used to something then changing it but it was over a small time frame and i'd rather try and do things the right way so i'm rather grateful.

No issue shooting both eyes open now however when i started i was heavily left eye dominant.

Just learning these type of tricks which teach your brain to do what you want it to do/see.

I don't think I could ever make my right eye dominant, if I was to close my left eye and try and read something close up I would really struggle, it's just a blur

once he said ''this eye domination thing is rubbish''...i thought oh hello........I remember one of my sons best mates missing straight away targets by about 7 feet with both eyes open......I guess his 'Irishman in charge of his brain computer had been on the Guinness(and other racial stereotypes).........was this filmed on April 1st?