A1 decoys spring loaded wings decoy

Geo

Dear All,

I recently bought one of these to put on my bouncer/floater pole thinking that the wings were attached with springs and just moved in the wind.

However when I assembled it I realised that the wings were connected with fishing line through the body of the decoy to a spring. When I pull the spring the wings go up and down.

If anyone has one of these and can tell me how to attach the spring to make the wings move on their own when the decoy is on the pole I would appreciate it.

many thanks

Dear All,

I recently bought one of these to put on my bouncer/floater pole thinking that the wings were attached with springs and just moved in the wind.

However when I assembled it I realised that the wings were connected with fishing line through the body of the decoy to a spring. When I pull the spring the wings go up and down.

If anyone has one of these and can tell me how to attach the spring to make the wings move on their own when the decoy is on the pole I would appreciate it.

many thanks

Hi Geo,

Sorry you're a little confused about our product. Can i just check its this item you purchased? http://www.a1decoy.co.uk/spring-wing-pigeon-decoy-359-p.asp

If so i'll be able to help you best I can.

Aimee @ A1

Hi Aimee,

That is the one, it looks good I just can't quite see how it works.

Thanks

Hi Geo,

This one baffled me so spoke to my director. Hes said if you put fishing line through the decoy to the floor and adjust the tension until it flaps in the wind, it should work nicely.

Hope this helps,

Aimee @ A1

hello, i have one and will give you a few tips on using and setting up later or pm me. cheers

OK, first you need to buy 3 items, 1 an A1 mounting bracket/ 2 a 6ft garden pole steel /plastic coated/ about 1/2 inch diam and pointed end, homebase/ BQ/ a 6 inch roofing bolt , has 3 inch of thread and nut and top bar pointing down, about 5/16 diam. first cut off 6 inch of top pole will be hollow, use off cut to make a bottom kicker jubilee clipped 6/9 inch above point , with roof bolt hammer the top bar straight, screw in nut to end of thread, araldite glue (£ shop) in pole with thread inside nut will sit on top of pole with top bar sticking out and top angle bar, get spring decoy, cut off that plastic thing underneath, screw and glue on mounting bracket making sure it will make the decoy slighly point down when you place the pole bolt top into bracket lug, when finished spray grey (£ shop) make a lug just above pole kicker to take some strong string loop and connect to fishing line, so out in field, tread in pole well at desired length from hide fit decoy run string to hide, a few pulls every so often when pigeon about, remember it will not take string to long and a good wind helps. any problem send pm. cheers

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

OK, first you need to buy 3 items, 1 an A1 mounting bracket/ 2 a 6ft garden pole steel /plastic coated/ about 1/2 inch diam and pointed end, homebase/ BQ/ a 6 inch roofing bolt , has 3 inch of thread and nut and top bar pointing down, about 5/16 diam. first cut off 6 inch of top pole will be hollow, use off cut to make a bottom kicker jubilee clipped 6/9 inch above point , with roof bolt hammer the top bar straight, screw in nut to end of thread, araldite glue (£ shop) in pole with thread inside nut will sit on top of pole with top bar sticking out and top angle bar, get spring decoy, cut off that plastic thing underneath, screw and glue on mounting bracket making sure it will make the decoy slighly point down when you place the pole bolt top into bracket lug, when finished spray grey (£ shop) make a lug just above pole kicker to take some strong string loop and connect to fishing line, so out in field, tread in pole well at desired length from hide fit decoy run string to hide, a few pulls every so often when pigeon about, remember it will not take string to long and a good wind helps. any problem send pm. cheers

note, spray roofing bolt grey in pole to stop glare/ if you buy 2 roofing bolts use one for the kicker, hammer to right angle glue in cut off clip on bottom , i use a wood mallet to hammer in ground/ roofing bolts from builders merchant, i have made 2 poles 1 for spring pigeon/ and other for spring crow spraying pole bolt black

Edited by oldypigeonpopper