Motorpoint Car Supermarkets

billytheghillie

I've bought my last two cars from motorpoint. Never had an issue. I've asked the seller how they can undercut the main dealers by so much. They said they work purely on numbers. Sell so many with a smaller profit.

Never had a problem with the two cars I purchased, a Ford C Max with 1k on the clock and a VW golf with 5000 miles.

I avoided the servicing packages and finance though and bought cash.

They buy in mobility and PCP cars that are contracted to 6k miles per year.So you get a 3yr old car with less than 18k miles on the clock in top nick and services on time.

Didn't they buy out CarCraft when tbey got in financial bother?

Edited by Davyo

Bought my wife's new Punto from them about 15 years ago. Sourced from Belgium, which was the cheapest deal at the time.

Better spec than the Puntos that we had been looking at in local dealers.

​We had to pick it up from Derby, but all servicing was done locally at our local dealer.

No catches, just a good deal

Do they take your own vehicle for a trade in?

Yes but don't expect a good trade in price.Better sell private as already said.

Don't expect any discount for cash,it just doesn't happen these days.I bought a New unregistered Suzuki Ignes last month (not Motorpoint) and the only thing I got was free road tax.Still paid the full screen price not a penny less.

Edited by Davyo

Bought the wife a year old Zafira Tourer to replace her 13 year old original Zafira, price of the Tourer was £1.5k less than at the Vauxhall dealer & they gave us 50% more in px, they will try to sell you extras but are not too pushy with it, we didn't bother with the extras or finance, definitely my first choice when replacing next cars.

Edited by forestred

Yes but don't expect a good trade in price.Better sell private as already said.

Don't expect any discount for cash,it just doesn't happen these days.I bought a New unregistered Suzuki Ignes last month (not Motorpoint) and the only thing I got was free road tax.Still paid the full screen price not a penny less.

Yep, I managed to get upgraded mats in my scirocco and that's it!

Yep, I managed to get upgraded mats in my scirocco and that's it!

Too right,wife bought a new Fiesta ecoboost Titanium X in November 2015 £17k from Jennings Ford.Got half a tank of fuel lol.Just bought me a new Suzuki Ignis last month £11600 from Stonesacre.They gave me 3 yrs RF licence but I'm sure that's hidden in the screen price lol.I still had to pay £500 for metallic paint and £400 for Diamond care.

Edited by Davyo

They have a ready list of trade buyers logged online - and invite spontaneous bids on potential trade ins while you are discussing the deal. I've had good overall experience with them in the past.