Interesting plumage colour on this Woodie.....

Catamong

I have over the years shot several with White feathers in there wings and over there backs , and one I got was mainly White and Beige , I kept it in the freezer until I sold my pigeons to Frostgame , I showed this pigeon to Cisel Frost and asked him if had seen one like before , with a smile on his face he went in his cold store and came out with a pure white albino Wood Pigeon which he was going to have it set up. I had never seen one before and doubt I will never see another one.

What ever happened to it I haven't got a clue, as the poor old boy have been dead for a number of years .

It seems to have the juvenile bird colouring on its wings still, did it have white on the wings when they were spread ?

I have seen quite a few with odd white feathers, usually on the wings or tail.

I was also shown an "albino wood pigeon", but it was in such poor condition that it was difficult to confirm that it was a wood pigeon and not a feral, or tame bird.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I've seen a good few birds with varying degrees of white plumage over the years, but never seen one like that before, in reply to Cranners comment, it does have the normal white wing bars, and I don't think it's a Juvenile bird, as it was pretty much the same size as an adult bird, most odd..,,?

It's now taking pride of place in my freezer..!

Cat.

• 2 weeks later...

shot one that looked like that just yesterday in Rainham Essex almost white on its back

Doh...?

Where's the white on that bird, apart from it's neck markings..?

This bird has a pink, buffy tint that you normally only see on the breast feathers, but on this bird these extend all over its back, most unusual..?

Cat.