Old Tom get's a few.

dead eye alan

Tuck my old mate Tom out yesterday (86) he is not good on his legs any more, due to having an accident at work years ago so can only go when there's no walking involved. Set up 11.00am on barley stubble by pushing 3 bales together and got him sat back to wind. Usual set up 7 breasted birds on cradles, flapper and magnet. Started very slow but the banter was entertaining and the weather was kind, Tom shot the first bird in clean as whistle and had a smile from ear to ear, I let Tom do most of the shooting and packed up at 5pm. 25 in the bag 52 carts and a very happy Tom, me completly nackerd by the time i got home and breasted all the birds, but a very enjoyable day with my old mate. :)

Something special when taking out an old friend and give them a breath of life like this. I love taking my grandfather out (84) and hearing all stories when he was young and hoe different life was. Sometimes i wonder which one is better. He might not be as fast as he was to walk but his shooting hasnt suffered as much and i still reckon he shoots better than me

Thanks to you all for your kind words it's much appreciated. Tom and i have been mates for many years it's mainly his permissions we shoot and the stories he tells of days gone by are amazing. He's known as pigeon Tom and has lived in the same area all his life, apart from his national service time in maliar, the stories and banter seem to be endless even though i've heard them all before we still laugh and joke and go home happy. We will be out again on tuesday all being well, weather and all. Fresh rape stubble this time, ho and the same old banter. :lol: