"today ive been mainly"...

ditchman

Well at last ive been able to get out..............

"The Venue".....

the top pic is the right hand of the field looking over the Yare valley down to Buckenham Marshes

the 2nd pic is the middle of the field looking towards my home Cantley

the 3rd is left of the rape field looking towards Lingwood village where i do my shopping everyday.....

the field is newly disced rape stubble surrounded by CMS...

post-11401-0-55328300-1500746490_thumb.jpg

post-11401-0-33691000-1500746508_thumb.jpg

post-11401-0-96446200-1500746531_thumb.jpg

I choose 2 nets to take......one for the landrover a dark one as i knew it would be in shadow...and a lighter one (stealth) which would match the CMS colour.....all put up in 5 mins with 4 hide poles and 4 tent pegs....it done the job :good:

post-11401-0-95883300-1500746881_thumb.jpg

post-11401-0-85362700-1500746905_thumb.jpg

This is my old mate.......who ...his own words "couldnt hit a cows rear with a banjo"......but loves his days out and he makes great picnics.........the great thing about shooting out of the back of the landrover is you can carry with you ALLL the carp you need and dont need...

Picnic menue

starters...

Home made vedgetarian scotch eggs

Main coarse

Pork sarnies with chopped balsamic pickeled onions

Cheese (stinkin' bishop) with homemade coleslaw

chrisps...(just the cheap ones...nothin' fancy)

afters

fresh coffee off the small gas burner

post-11401-0-90000500-1500747671_thumb.jpg

post-11401-0-15720700-1500747696_thumb.jpg

post-11401-0-14489200-1500747723_thumb.jpg

Finally.............................

we set up at 10.30........and the birds never stopped coming all day........i was using a Berretta A303 which i love ' but dosnt love me.....i had to use it as i still have a large hole in my jaw from the tooth extraction a few days ago and my jaw was still a bit soar , so i thought i would use the auto..

the auto is a 26" and it is a heavy lunker of a gun....i much prefer my AYA 3 boxy....i had several shots (not telling you how many as it has been 6 mths since pulling the trigger).....most of the birds came in high from 300 yds away then swooped down low the last 100 yds and were taken 10 ft of the ground max....i mardled them down wasnt pleased how i did it......i took 5 high left to right birds in open sky and puled thro them and were stone dead in the air.....i was busy all thye time..........

Martyn was just pulling that trigger boy....amongst some of the birds he dropped was a highish bird coming straight into him at 60ft and that was fast...just up thro "BANG"...prettiest shot all day ....and it landed on the landrover roof.........also to top it all off ...the bloody waster (after i shot a left and right)...shot 2 birds with one shot....which i WILL NEVER HEAR THE LAST OF :lol: ....

if Motty and JDog were here they would have topped the 100 mark by lunchtime...easy.....

as it was ...we nailed 67.....and 1/2 hour on hands and knee's collecting cartridge cases and a swift call to "Mr Plastic" the recycling man...

im knacked...........but my smile is still there....and i will be looking for some more action.....this time with the AYA...(my little scalpal)

cheers

ditch

well that looks a good job.glad you had some.how do you get on with the foam pigeons,on the magnet.because that is what i use, they work, and then they dont.

very much the same as you....the birds did commit better when we moved the magnet further away from the deeks..........

post-11401-0-55791300-1500748591_thumb.jpg