Advice needed .22lr

Dazza9t9

I'd just go to ur nearest gunshop and se wot they have in 2nd hand and just go with the flow. 22's don't need to be overly fancy

Mibee different if u want to do targets but for bunny/vermin shooting really anything will do. I'm not even sure wot make my 22lr is, cost me about 50 quid years ago with a scope and mod.

never missed a beat and does all I ask of it, althou looks well ruff. But iwould say ur beter with a cheaper rifle and a decent scope, althou with a 22 not much recoil so u don't ned a massive expensive scope

The 1 thing i'd add that hasn't been mentioned is with a SA the action noise is often louder than the 22subs going off, so not ideal for rabbit control

The other .22 LR i use is a a Sako  Finnfire II  carbine with a Hausken moderator.

Top bit of kit !

sakoe.jpg   

9 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Yep thats the one, identical to mine except for the squirrel..;)

Haha. Have you got any greys where you are IG? Brilliant gun the 1416. I put a rod through mine once a year and that's it. if I do more extensive cleaning she doesn't like it at all.

Cheers.   

57 minutes ago, Whitebridges said:

The other .22 LR i use is a a Sako  Finnfire II  carbine with a Hausken moderator.

Top bit of kit !

sakoe.jpg   

Haha. Have you got any greys where you are IG? Brilliant gun the 1416. I put a rod through mine once a year and that's it. if I do more extensive cleaning she doesn't like it at all.

Cheers.   

The squirrels are as common as pandas here mate..:yes:. no foxes either  

I have an ancient Sako in .22lr that's the sweetest shooting rifle I've ever handled anywhere, but my go-to rifle for bunnies is my 10/22. Fitted with an aftermarket trigger kit, SAK mod, topped with a Tasco 4-12 scope and fitted into a Hogue overmoulded stock this thing spits Winchester subs just where I point it all day and night long. With a couple of extra mags in my pocket I'm good for a an evenings bunny bashing. Once it's dark I top the whole lot off with a Tracer lamp and rat-tail switch and just keep going.

I'd say you'd look a long way to find any relatively cheap .22 that was a better tool for all-round bunny work.

Thanks for all the help and advice, 

that finfire is a beautiful looking gun. 

I ended up buying a brand new cz455, a-tec mod, hawke rimmy scope, Bi-Pod, and sling. I had the trigger done and some bolt polishing done. I love the thing. Still getting to grips with it but love it! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/11/2017 at 19:55, scotslad said:

I'd just go to ur nearest gunshop and se wot they have in 2nd hand and just go with the flow. 22's don't need to be overly fancy

With that in mind I bought a Puma, brand new, with 400rds of subs for £150 back in February. If I miss, it's my fault - I know that because any time I've set up targets to check, it's more accurate as I am @ 75yds

It's a great wee gun. Stuck my old Bushnell 3-9x40 on it and use my ASE Utra mod up front... the rabbits really don't like it. At that price, with the plastic stock, I don't feel guilty knocking it - unlike when Iv bumped the CZ

• 2 weeks later...