Two sets of barrels

Old Boggy

I am sure that this has been raised and answered previously so I apologise for being too idle to search through previous posts, but will ask again.

If a gun is purchased with two sets of barrels, do both sets to be entered on one's certificate ?

Many thanks in advance for any replies given.

OB

I am sure that this has been raised and answered previously so I apologise for being too idle to search through previous posts, but will ask again.

If a gun is purchased with two sets of barrels, do both sets to be entered on one's certificate ?

Many thanks in advance for any replies given.

OB

I have a George Newman 1906 12 g s/s with twin barrels I bought 2015, from Wabbit Bosher. The gun was sent to my local gun dealer, there is no reference to twin s/s barrels entered on my certificate although I am sure I informed the Chelmsford licensing, there were twin barrels and the barrels description, chokes receiver etc. (Essex)

Thanks for your replies.

I`ve just sent an email to my FEO asking for his take on it, but as suggested, get them both registered, that way you cannot be wrong.

Many thanks,

OB

As an RFD , when selling a gun with two sets of barrels I have always entered the certificate as having extra barrels and the number if it has one . Guns entered into the register were also noted as "2 barrel set" .

Better to err on the side of caution .

I received the following reply from my FEO (Kent Police) within a couple of hours of my email, so whilst Kent Police have previously come in for much criticism, I have always found them to be most helpful within the confines of their limited staffing level. This, however, has been addressed by the new PCC.

The FEO reply was -:

'Hi Chris,

At the moment, the decision is not to identify the spare barrels on a certificate although the dealer should enter them on to your certificate and they would be identified on your computer record, but they would not actually feature on the certificate itself.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Richard '

I think that this is a sensible and practical view, but indicates that they should be declared anyway.

OB