Chronograph

Guest topshot_2k

Guest topshot_2k

As I have started rebuilding a few air rifles its time to purchase a chronograph, there seems to be so many about from £40 unto £200! Can anyone recommend a decent, reliable one suitable for air rifle and ideally centre fire

:good:

plenty of air gunners use the Combro CB625-mk4. It does all you need for an air rifle really. It measures in ft/lbs as well as fps, so you don't need to worry about converting it. There are a few reviewed on airriflereviews.co.uk, so it might be worth heading over there. The one major downside to the Combro is it can't do anything other than air rifles, so if you need it for any other firearm, cross bow, bow etc, then it's not the one for you

http://www.airriflereviews.co.uk/accessories/chronographs

The f1 .is the most useless piece of junk i have ever bought .

Just Google chono f1 problems and there is days worth of reading .

A house brick makes a better chronograph.

Id stick with the combro mk4 .

You obviously didn't have mine, then! :)

I guess you were lucky to get one that worked .

Thinking about it, though, the Chrony F1 does have limitations. It can't be used indoors without an incandescent light set-up (fluorescent lights really mess with the sensors). However, I always use mine outside in the field using natural light, so this is never an issue.

I like the Combro mk4,it's simple to use,accurate and very good value.I use electrical tape to fix it rather than elastic bands and I bought the plastic bore aligner to be sure of getting it in the right place.

I have used it in my garage shooting into a pellet trap and it was still accurate,as previously said it's an airgun chrono only so maybe limiting in that way.

Guest topshot_2k

Thanks for the replies, seem they all have pros and cons. Does the Caldwell work on newish android phones? seems to be hit and miss reading online unless you have an iPhone?

The caldwell is on amazon for £165 which seems like a decent price for the full kit https://www.amazon.co.uk/Caldwell-Ballistic-Precision-Chronograph-Premium/dp/B015IT49DQ

Edited by topshot_2k

Thanks for the replies, seem they all have pros and cons. Does the Caldwell work on newish android phones? seems to be hit and miss reading online unless you have an iPhone?

Yep mine does.

Also, my F1 was rubbish.

http://www.airriflereviews.co.uk/accessories/chronographs/chrony-f1-chronograph

Edited by chrisjpainter

• 1 month later...

I like the Combro mk4,it's simple to use,accurate and very good value.I use electrical tape to fix it rather than elastic bands and I bought the plastic bore aligner to be sure of getting it in the right place.

I have used it in my garage shooting into a pellet trap and it was still accurate,as previously said it's an airgun chrono only so maybe limiting in that way.

personally thought this was a piece of junk,flimsy poor design dove tail slider broke on mine, not to mention having to fiddle with anything lashed on the end of a barrel can't be a good idea.

went for an F1 after binning the combro, best money i ever spent does the lot.

Edited by Remimax