Pop up hides

Lord v

I bought one about four years ago , and wouldn't be without it, a TP pop up from bushcraft..

1 zip has gone on it now , but i have used it hundreds of times , for rabbit ambush (it will be out again this evening),

Pigeons coming in to decoy patterns (mostly fuds and a couple of flocked wobblers). Its roofed so limited but ample vision.

They are not everyones cup of tea ., but being a lazy sod , I carry my deeks in a 'bucket seat , with swivel top ,

pop the hide up , put the deeks out , get out the 12g sxs and some 'clear pigeon', , then a flask and most importantly

HOBNOBS! I even camped out in it last month , to get a fox that had killed a couple of the farmers geese.

Its waterproof to a degree, and with the aid of a tin of 'raid fly spray ' i dont get 'midged ' that often either.

I have the Bush Craft TP and must say it is a handy piece of kit for ambushing and has seen the demise of a lot of rabbits, squirrels and munties but I might not want to use it for decoying, a bit too confined. I did once have a folding hide like an igloo I made myself which worked great but now I have gone back to poles and camo. Endless different ways to set them up. Put half a roof on for corvids but leave it open for pigeon.

Longbower - have you got a link to that one mate?

Mossy835 - let me know how that works out, I have a eye on a couple from the bay.

well it came today, put it up after a while,not easy to start with.but will get better the more i do it,putting it up in the wind not a good i dear,

Edited by mossy835

bought two realtree fishing umbrellas from go outdoors when they were on offer £15 spiked end for pushing into ground adjustable angles to loads of positions to suit the ground your shooting. has a piece on the top which I have tied guide ropes to and peg into ground found them to be great piece of kit, many successful outings even on the crows.the two side by side make a good size hide.