Update!

Lord Geordie

Yep my daughter signs her mortgage this week not sure how long it is though.

DIY dad will be needed I dare say

When she signed I was chuffed to bits as it was for one off the show houses nowt needs doing , how wrong was I thought DIY dad was a thing of the past

Congratulations Martin the next 10 years will fly over if its like the last 10 for me..

I haven't had a mortgage now for 15 years its great,

On a more important note pigeons are hitting some laid wheat but cannot get near to the damage but

as soon as its cut will bell you to get your aris down for a days shooting... :good::good::good:

My partner and I are "house shopping" as we speak. Bloody hard work it is lol.

We'll be looking at a good 30 years of paying that off, although I'm hoping we can pay it off early so I can go shooting more ;)

I hear this lots ;)

Get it first before thinking of paying it off early lol.

I've just extended mine another £20k and really not bothered about rushing to pay it off.

I'm spending now while I'm alive :)

I hear this lots ;)

Get it first before thinking of paying it off early lol.

I've just extended mine another £20k and really not bothered about rushing to pay it off.

I'm spending now while I'm alive :)

With interest rates so low it is better to have a mortgage and use the money elsewhere imo. Should rates rise then it's a different matter.

Congratulations Martin the next 10 years will fly over if its like the last 10 for me..

I haven't had a mortgage now for 15 years its great,

On a more important note pigeons are hitting some laid wheat but cannot get near to the damage but

as soon as its cut will bell you to get your aris down for a days shooting... :good::good::good:

Thanks Mike! I appreciate that very much. Have a few things on my plate of late. A few issues that are very worrying with my parents. I am having to spend most of my free time taking them out shopping, or to the docs. Mums breathing is getting worse, but I am very worried about dad! His legs are really bad, circulation issues and his hip is shot, due to the mess he is on, and other complications an op is out of the question, his lower leg and foot are so bad they look deep purple going on black. I have a nasty feeling he will lose the leg! He can barely walk now it's so painful. They have a mobility car for the pair of them, that he now can't drive! So I told him not to bother renewing it. Pointless really. I will run them around in mine! I had wanted them to move in with me so I could care for them. But they are stubborn ****. Don't want to be under my feet? I just wish they would though! I have the room to convert the downstairs for them so they have their own space, I am supposed to be going to reading in a few days, but can't stop worrying having seen dads leg. Mums COPD is at a point where she has been bombarded with antibiotics that don't work. A few weeks ago when I was at work, dad fell and hit his shoulder really badly, bruised his chest and arm. Mum tried to help him up and hurt herself in the process, never even rang me! Then the other day dad got locked in the bedroom when the door handle broke, I had to break down the door as the whole latch had shattered. He had been in there hours and only rang because he needed the toilet. I think he was embarrassed the silly sod. I have a few things to sort over the coming weeks, renew ALL the locks for him. Sort the garden again and fill in the borders to lawn right to the hedge. Repair the drive way! Sort the gates, remove the step from the front door and lay a new concrete slab and a few more bits! It's good for me as I get to spend time chatting with them while cracking on.

Should be interesting to see how much feed in tariff I get off the solar panels too? Have 10 panels on the roof, after the mortgage went through I got a pack to fill in so they can transfer the feed in tariff to me. I can't understand how much it is per kw though? I thought about 40p but some are saying it's ten times that? I will have to wait and see! Even if it's just £200 a year it helps.