Who is out on the 1st September?

Richie10

Supergoose, I have two kids of my own.

I stand by what I said. I don't see why your own hobbies need to be restricted just because you have a young child, unless of course there are other specific reasons why this would not be possible. A couple of flights a week needn't be an issue, just because there is a new addition to the family.

A couple of flights a week is no issue. A week or weekend away is for me for this season...hence the 'restricted'.

Each to their own.

Supergoose, I have two kids of my own.

I stand by what I said. I don't see why your own hobbies need to be restricted just because you have a young child, unless of course there are other specific reasons why this would not be possible. A couple of flights a week needn't be an issue, just because there is a new addition to the family.

Firstly apoligies for making an assumption an also fair play that you stand by what you put. However with respect you have somewhat condradicted your original post.

I totally agree that a Man should not have to give up his hobbies completely,However I cant agree that somebody with a new born or young family can carry on as usual with their Sport/hobbies as before unrestricted. A new born comes with responsibility's and priorities. I suppose it is all down to choice but thats the way I see it.

Anyway the Man is happy with his choice and thats all what matters.

Good luck to all out on the 1st.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished gear sorting, bed by 9, thought back to my first ever fowling trip, to Solway, 1967 ,self & A mate Tony Patterson (A rugby player from Winlaton)he borrowed his brothers Ariel Leader, & I rode my James trials bike,(no lights, a hard seat & 50M.P.H. ) never fired a shot, slept ! under a gorse bush but the bug bit!,a packet of corned beef sandwiches, a tin of curried beans & a tin of pineapple chunks, had to be helped off the bike on return to Tyneside, Tony & I shot Holy Island together (I had a car by then,a sit up & beg Ford pop) every time I met Tony after I moved to Scotland we had a laugh over it & wondered how we survived. (Sadly Tony died a few years ago )

Edited by guzzicat

Congrats mate on the Birth you do what suits you and your family you will have plenty of time for Fowling during the season which im sure you will enjoy when you have the baby Sorted I Myself will be out the Lough in N Ireland Enjoying the Sunrise and Hopefully a Few Packs of Duck i say Hopefully LOL Prob be shouting at the dog getting decoy lines tangled Lol But get my first duck all that Dosent Matter Good Luck Again Mate :yahoo: