Poor Service

Brodie

A well known gunship in Kent was advertising a used gun on Guntrader that looked interesting.

I got in the shop and asked about the gun. After ten minutes the lad in the shop eventually found the gun. It looked mechanically good although the number of digs in the stock hardly warranted their "very good" description.

I then asked to see the extra three chokes as advertised with five. After another fifty minutes hunting through drawers of odd chokes and oddments I told him not to bother.

How does a shop survive and so disorganized?

Yes it's a shop rather than a ship - missed the auto correct!

Without naming the shop it's in Welling and very involved with wildfowling.

I haven't been in there for a couple of years and it seems even more untidy.

But did you get some new lawn bowling attire?

• 3 weeks later...

I had a two hour plus drive a couple of years back to view a Ruger 10/22 that seemed too good to be true. Trouble is it was too good to be true. I phoned before I left the house to make sure they still had it. "yes we still have it"

When I got there "Oh we haven't got that one any more but we do have those" and pointed to a rack full of overpriced clunkers.

Two or three weeks later and after a lot of discussion on here they were still advertising the bait gun on Guntrader at the same low price I know people off here had phoned them to tell them they were being talked about.

I went there a few weeks back after receiving poor service from countryway, I explained what had happened and they were nice as pie whilst I was in the shop.

I was looking for a new .222 and they wrote everything down and said they will get back to me with prices and availability.

not heard from them since.

I spent nearly 12 hundred quid with Wiltshire rod and guns via gun trader and had it rfd'd to andy tennant at detling.

a missed opportunity for them

Andy tennant said the deal I got was very good and that he didn't have anything to match it. a genuine guy who runs his business by giving good advice and not by directing people to things they don't want or need.

would recommend anyone to give him a call or visit by appointment

Edited by belly47

When my dad was looking at buying a shotgun he went down there and the bloke in there was talking to another customer so he had a look around and waited. The guy leaves and my dad starts talking to him about a gun and 5 mins later bloke that left comes back and he just walks off from my dad and starts up another conversation with him.

Bought a Greener GP off a gunshop in Crediton that was advertised on Guntrader a few years ago. The photo was of a pretty decent gun so I got in touch and he said he had a friend in the Birmingham gun quarter and would sent it up free of charge, all I had to do was pay for it when I picked it up. Couldn't ask for more I thought so went ahead with the sale.

Went into Brum a couple of days later and the gunsmith was very friendly and we went through the process of filling in my SGC whilst his assistant went to find the gun. He returned with a box containing a rusty old pole that looked as though it had spent a couple of years holding up a fence.

"Er, that's not the gun I bought" said I. :huh:

"Well that's the gun that was sent" said the gunsmith, looking a bit embarrassed at the state of it, especially as he had now entered it onto my SGC.

I refused to accept it and had to go around the corner to Lloyd House and explain it all to one of the FEO's who agreed to take it back off my ticket.

So, a word of caution.........always check the gun first to make sure it's OK before filling in your licence or parting with any money.

I went there a few weeks back after receiving poor service from countryway, I explained what had happened and they were nice as pie whilst I was in the shop.

I was looking for a new .222 and they wrote everything down and said they will get back to me with prices and availability.

not heard from them since.

I spent nearly 12 hundred quid with Wiltshire rod and guns via gun trader and had it rfd'd to andy tennant at detling.

a missed opportunity for them

Andy tennant said the deal I got was very good and that he didn't have anything to match it. a genuine guy who runs his business by giving good advice and not by directing people to things they don't want or need.

would recommend anyone to give him a call or visit by appointment

hello, how did you find tony at W R Guns ?

• 2 weeks later...