Midlands game fair

krugerandsmith

It's been in terminal decline for years....after not missing a year for many years.....I stopped going about seven years ago!......if you want food, drink, souvenirs, funfares, antiques and crafts.......it may be for you....but to me, a gamefair...it ain't!

It's been in terminal decline for years....after not missing a year for many years.....I stopped going about seven years ago!......if you want food, drink, souvenirs, funfares, antiques and crafts.......it may be for you....but to me, a gamefair...it ain't!

all this and the travelling community helping themselves to a lot

I think the game fairs will now struggle for gun and shooting equipment dealers attending. Now you have both North and South shooting shows most of them tend to do one or both of those instead. I know personally if I am looking at a new gun or new equipment I tend to plan my saving for the shooting show as there is so much more choice.

Game fair for me is now more of a day out with the family spending time around the food stalls/ watching the displays.

Yep, same here, stopped going about 8 or 9 years ago, as it started getting the same old things, nothing new and as others have said its become more of a open-air market/fairground rather than a shooting/country show, think the last time I went the air rifle and fishing stands were still doing well, don't know what the entry fee is now but the last I heard it was £20.

Hatfield far cheaper with the free ticket for BASC members ,the last 3 / 4 years people off here report the Midland is a people who live in caravans Theft festival and only getting worst as they target your car as well .Plenty of threads highlight the issue

Edited by clakk

Guest topshot_2k

Looking down the list of trade stands A-Z for the Midlands this year I don't see many gun dealers, am I missing something?

Hatfield gamefair was the same, a lot of big manufacturers/gun dealers were missing and they are not on the list for the midland either. The amount of gunshops attending the Game Fair (CLA) as drop massively since 5 years ago, there was maybe a dozen there yesterday. Fishing and air rifle stands have nearly disappeared entirely, plenty of London art dealers and wannabees swigging champagne and clothes shopping though.

Hatfield gamefair was the same, a lot of big manufacturers/gun dealers were missing and they are not on the list for the midland either. The amount of gunshops attending the Game Fair (CLA) as drop massively since 5 years ago, there was maybe a dozen there yesterday. Fishing and air rifle stands have nearly disappeared entirely, plenty of London art dealers and wannabees swigging champagne and clothes shopping though.

Dunno. Air Arms seemed to be there, but didn't see Daystate. Also didn't see BSA but no point in any case as their lack of interest in speaking to mere punters is too much from the guys I saw on the last BSA stand I visited. Although for individual firearms manufacturers, it looks like the Feb Shooting Show is the place to go. There were some manufacturer's banners eg BSA on the airgun shooting area but that may have been their only corporate presence.

GMK ie Sako and Tikka were there, S&B / Parabellum were in fine form, Sportsman's with Nightforce, Beretta, Browning, didn't look at all the ladies knickers stands, Night vision, Fox calls, lamping, nice 6l V8 Landy for £89k, https://www.dropbox.com/s/oz51qkfa2hcwxra/IMG_1544.MOV?dl=0 http://www.neneoverland.co.uk

Swarovski scopes, great choice on the Hawke stand where they seemed to have every scope ready for viewing mounted on a 'wooden stock', at least 50 if not more - with a good indication of the scope details. Great gundog advice for me who has two 21 week cockers to train... :w00t:

Nice cleaning kit by Remington. I already must have hundreds of cleaning brushes and items but for £10?? :good:http://imgur.com/a/USXhJ would have been rude not to....

No idea about fishing as it's of zero interest to me.

Oh, and mud. Loads of mud... http://imgur.com/a/EIilX

No young ladies in high heels this year.... :lol:

All in all, a good effort and cost of entrance, £0.00. Thanks BASC!

Edited by Glenshooter

Quote "it's the greedy rent they charge that's killing it I will stick to the shooting show in feb next year."

No it's the Show Director , who is a Clown. Poshed up in his stupid Tweed knickerbockers ripping off Exhibitors for everything he can squeeze out of them , he is slowly killing of The Midland at Weston Park .Around here his type are known as 'Freeloaders'

Guest cookoff013

I've been going to the Midland game fair since it started.But it's been going down hill for a few years now.So this year l will be giving Lowther a go never been there before .Hope the weathers kind. Dipper.

I'm going, sadly it is expensive. But I met some great people.

• 3 weeks later...