Travelling to Ireland to shoot

Since may 2016 holders of sgc or fac need no additional paperwork to travel to NI

Travelling with sub 12th airguns do still need additional paperwork (due to them being licenced in NI)

I've no idea what you are being charged £98 for as when you did need additional paperwork it only cost £12

My information is that some new regulation came in on July 3rd regarding travelling to the Province with a shotgun and if a rifle you needed to acquire a NI FAC. All very confusing and so much so may prefer to spend money on a shoot here instead. Don't need all this nonsense to go up to Scotland ..YET!! and not for Wales. So much for a United Kingdom.

Thanks gentlemen for all of your help so far.

My information is that some new regulation came in on July 3rd regarding travelling to the Province with a shotgun and if a rifle you needed to acquire a NI FAC. All very confusing and so much so may prefer to spend money on a shoot here instead. Don't need all this nonsense to go up to Scotland ..YET!! and not for Wales. So much for a United Kingdom.

Thanks gentlemen for all of your help so far.

What nonsense, travelling to NI is no different to travelling to Scotland. The only regulations concern foreign travellers who need to pay £25. Nothing confusing a about it, the only confusion is who's trying to shaft you for 98 notes as it doesn't appear to be PSNI

According to their police website you don't need anything other than your cert

https://www.psni.police.uk/advice_information/firearms/firearm-certificate/travel-information/

The link is to the 'Police Service Northern Ireland' website where it clearly states that nothing other than your GB FAC/SGC is required anymore to travel to NI unless you're bringing a sub 12 ftlb airgun. It's all there in black and white.

Again many thanks and much appreciated for your help.

More enquiries required obviously to see where this figure of £98 comes from because the airline have already indicated £50 for carriage and I normally travel cheaper to Slovenia than my rifle does ..£54 for me and £60 for the rifle.

Whatever I discover I will come back.

Having travelled to NI with shotguns on a number of occasions,I use the ferry from Cairnryan. There is no cost to bring them on board,they just remain in the boot of your car for the duration. The ferry website will say all sorts but in reality you inform the check-in staff / security at the port and that is it. With a bit of luck they may even load your car first and take you off first.