Dsc1

i sat a bds society woodland stalkers competence certificate in 1989 similar to dsc1 i loaned my rifle to one our group to sit the test which he passed  when my turn came i failed . when i took the rifle out to  zero the scope discovered the locktite   on the scope mount screws had not worked & scope was slack  .passed next time course came around . i now keep an allen key in my bag & check mounts regularly .

15 hours ago, wacker said:

After the safety test and shooting test. the instructor called us one by one to go through the results. Obviously, they still have to go through verification.

Thats interesting, where did you do your course?

15 hours ago, wacker said:

It was at tulloch range which was on the right there was  sign like a cut out rifle at the end of a dirt road not far from ballater it was run i think by a stalker from invercauld estate  who sadly now deceased was jimmy oswald who was quite a caracter. it was a thoroughly enjoyable course. they used to have competitions there where all members of bds could enter. if i remember captain faquarson from invercauld  estate used to present the prizes.