FAC renewal in Dyfed Powys

I'm about to apply for the renewal of my FAC with Dyfed Powys. As an addition to the usual forms, Dyfed ask, but do not insist, that an addional form is completed for each piece of land over which I shoot, as I have one area which I can shoot all but deer and another where I stalk.

It says on the form that it's not mandatory but that it may help speed up the process (which they say takes 12 to 15 weeks anyway).

It's not a complicated document, just time consuming for others, but I'm not inclined to fill out forms just for the sake of it as I tend to think we jump through enough hoops as it is, but I wondered what others in the area do. Has it held up the process?

Any comments would be welcome.

Pick the biggest piece of land that covers the majority of what you shoot in terms of quarry and caliber and send a form in for that.

I have an open ticket but still filled in one of the land forms to aid the 4 months it took for my renewal. They mentioned that this land was only cleared up to .223 but I had a .243...."I have an open ticket" was my response and that put pay to any more stupid questions. With you being in Brecon you will have a different FEO to up where I am so it may be better. Good luck.

Pick the biggest piece of land that covers the majority of what you shoot in terms of quarry and caliber and send a form in for that.

I have an open ticket but still filled in one of the land forms to aid the 4 months it took for my renewal. They mentioned that this land was only cleared up to .223 but I had a .243...."I have an open ticket" was my response and that put pay to any more stupid questions. With you being in Brecon you will have a different FEO to up where I am so it may be better. Good luck.

Technically you still have to have land cleared for a certain calibre as your good reason, open ticket or not. I just renewed with Dyfed Powys and they didn't ask me to provide any land forms.

Technically you still have to have land cleared for a certain calibre as your good reason, open ticket or not. I just renewed with Dyfed Powys and they didn't ask me to provide any land forms.

To be fair i renewed a couple of years ago so FEO has probably changed as have their rules on the matter, looks like you had a much easier process then me mate.

Thanks for the replies.

My FAC is open but I think I'll just use one form for my nearest land which covers all my rifles but one, a 7mm - 08, which I tend to use for larger deer on my second area and several other areas I pay to stalk over.

Good plan. 7mm-.08 is a little big just for foxes.