UK Crop Images

evolution380

Hope people don't mind me posting this here, I want to use it as a resource for learning more about the various types of crops etc. and how they appear throughout the course of the year through the various months.

I appreciate this will be of no use to most but for anybody else like myself looking to get in to some pest control in the future and with limited agricultural knowledge I think it could be of use. (We all have to start somewhere)

I personally want to spend quite a bit of time researching as much as I can in readiness for when I do some pest control, if anybody has any better or alternate resources to help with such things then please do share so I can have a read through. :good: The stickies in this section have been of great use to learn methods of setting up a decoying layout for the future.

Many Thanks for any input or additional resources provided.

Website Link to resource provided below:

http://www.blackthornarable.co.uk/library/4/Crops.html

Edited by evolution380

Neither really.

It will be a hobby mainly for me however one I'll be taking seriously to build relationships with landowners I'll be getting introduced to. My job is flexible so I have weekends off but can always book off days at short notice.

My Girlfriends father has decided to dust off his shotguns so we can do a bit of shooting together and he has quite a few farmer friends that he has shot for in the past and are happy for him to do so again. So really he'll be my mentor, show me the ropes however I want to just learn what I can in readiness whilst frequenting the clay grounds to practice.

We're going away actually in September to shoot some rabbits and pigeons down in Fairford. He knows somebody down there as he stays quite often for airshow events, they own a fair bit of land with rabbit, pigeons and corvids in abundance which will make great practice.

Edited by evolution380