Vaping.

Red-dot

I tried it for a day if that. Flamin orrible mouth as dry as a dry thing and I could still taste chemicals the day after. Big plumes of vapour can be seen bellowing out of car windows. I don't buy that its safer than smoking not with all the chemicals and un regulated additives plus they look hideous. I will stick with my cigars thank you.

Oh the question, matters not to me as I am rarely in a public place, the world ends at my gate 😁

Christ, how many times do I need to explain that it's REGULATED by the TPD???

Read the ******* conversation before stating the rubbish that you don't like 'chemicals' then sit chuffing on a cigar.

Flip me.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame they don't all die quicker instead of leading us towards yet another NHS health timebomb in years to come

********, vaping won't kill you like alcohol, drugs and the **** that is pumped into processed food.

Get real.

I've got to dip out of this, my stupidometre is breaking and my 'I'll comment on something I don't actually know *** all about but I'll do it with blind gusto' metre is well and truly burnt out.

Insecticides, which isn't right, close but not quite there, I'll just stick to smoking, embalming fluid...

It's like the daily mail.

Vaping seems to attract a certain sort of people. IMO you don't see higher class people doing it.

Vaping can attract a lot of people and it has helped a great number to give up tobacco and its problems to health.

Oh, and by the way, you may call me Sir.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

America were experimenting with pg in the 1920's,if the results ae true we should all start breathing in the vapours from e cigs.

Have tried twice to give up with e cigs,now getting ready for a third time with a new brand.

Keep trying if i can stop smoking anyone can, its the only think worked for me.

Had 6 tourists in my local and all were vaping and swapping flavours and the air was full of the smoke. Now these contain many toxic substances should they be BANNED in public places?

Did you point this out to the offenders , or did you runaway and moan on the computer .

No. I think it's hypocritical for anyone to suggest smoking is banned in a public place; whether vaping or the real thing, while it is perfectly legal to consume alcohol in a public place.

If the reasoning is due to the drain on NHS rwsources, then we most certainly need to consider a ban on alcohol, sugars and sweeteners, and for the same reasoning.

If it's simply because you don't like it, then again no.

Rather late to the party, but agree with this.

More clamour for legislation in order to soothe personal sensitivities. Where I am personally happy i can have a pint without ending up stinking of smoke it never stopped me having a pint.

Personally i think there should be legislation that bans people asking for more legislation :hmm:

America were experimenting with pg in the 1920's,if the results ae true we should all start breathing in the vapours from e cigs.

Have tried twice to give up with e cigs,now getting ready for a third time with a new brand.

Get one that's powerful enough ,and vape a fluid that is strong enough to stop your cravings . E cigs are amazing tools if used correctly , and can pretty much remove all cravings.

I smoked 60 fags a day for most of my adult life ,I tried to stop many times over the years but just didn't have the willpower , choosing the right e cig with the right vape fluid has allowed me to stop ,and have no cravings for cigarettes.

After 40 years and numerous attempts at giving up, watching my favourite Uncle dissappear over one year with Lung Cancer.

I took the Doctors advice and took a course of Champix tablets.

I carried on smoking as advised and after 10 days I lost the urge to smoke.

It was that easy, a doddle.

The pills did make me feel a little nauseous for half an hour each day but my Uncles death had terrified me.

If I can do it anybody can.

YOU HAVE TO WANT TO !

This was before Vaping had been invented. I've been stopped now for 5 years.

I dont cough or stink any more and have approximately £300 a month extra spending money now.Every month !

I do wonder though, are human Lungs made to be filled with steam/vapour all day long ?

Only time will tell I suppose.

Edited by mickyh

Try to get away from the cig type of e liquid start with maybe 18% nic .this will depend on how may fags you smoked a day. Find a e cig shop that lets you try before you buy.dont be hard on yourself still have a smoke and vape .then cut the fags out. In time there is loads of flavours out there find one you like . I sometimes have two on the go through the day .enjoy it .it becomes a new hobby. I make my own liquids saves a fortune then you can tailor the taste to suit yourself .normal liquids are 50% pg/ vg . Pg gives flavour. Vg gives more vape .i have been of the fags 3 years now . After smoking nearly 50 years it can be done but do it in your own time . Here if you need any help or advice. Good luck.

Ooooh....having a bad day?

To what extent does vaping have a detrimental effect on the health or well being on others in a public place or on the NHS, in comparison to the effects of alcohol and sugar intakes?

Smoking is deemed to be socially unacceptable, and detrimental to the health of others, and a drain on NHS resources, whilst drinking is glamourised ( as once was smoking) yet is most definitely more detrimental to the health and well being of not only the participant when done to excess, but of many others also, plus a huge drain on NHS resources.

Given the stated revenue to the government, from the sale and consumption of the respective legal highs of tobacco and alcohol, do you not think it a tad hypocritical to single out vaping?

+1

Get one that's powerful enough ,and vape a fluid that is strong enough to stop your cravings . E cigs are amazing tools if used correctly , and can pretty much remove all cravings.

I smoked 60 fags a day for most of my adult life ,I tried to stop many times over the years but just didn't have the willpower , choosing the right e cig with the right vape fluid has allowed me to stop ,and have no cravings for cigarettes.

Same here.

Do not be in a hurry, if it takes 5 years it will be worth it.

Edited by peck

The most effective way of giving up smoking is to watch a close friend die of lung cancer. Anybody that smokes after that.......................

It wouldn't matter to a lot of smokers who they saw dying of lung cancer it would not stop them smoking, it would just be an excuse for another cigarette to help the cope. It would make them think about stopping smoking next week birthday new year etc.

Edited by ordnance

I fail to see any plausible logic to that comment regarding two totally unconnected matters.

The plausible logic is do you wish all smokers and vapers die quick or just a select few? The plausible logic that you want someone to die quickly to save nhs funds is beyond logic, I'll refer to my earlier post,who else would you want to die quickly to save nhs funds.

It wouldn't matter to a lot of smokers who they saw dying of lung cancer it would not stop them smoking, it would just be an excuse for another cigarette to help the cope. It would make them think about stopping smoking next week birthday new year etc.

As an ex smoker, whenever giving up was mentioned I always argued that I enjoyed smoking,and I convinced myself I did, I wasn't prepared to give up no matter what.

I always had that "I need a fag excuse handy". Truth is I did need a fag because I was addicted.

I'm no longer addicted and I no longer need a fag.

Well puff puff puff away, judging by the defence you offer it the addiction is already showing

Maybe you should read again!

I'm an EX smoker and I'm no longer ADDICTED. so I no longer wish to puff puff away. I also have no wish for people to die quickly regardless of what illness, addiction or self inflicted ailment they might have.

My father stopped smoking in about 30 seconds flat. He had a coughing fit in the yard so bad he was almost sick, stormed into the kitchen, threw the last pack at the back of the fire and that was it. It's called willpower.

Well done to your father, but not everyone has that immediate willpower,for some it takes a lot of resolve and a lot of hard times,some may fold and try try again, some may never quit and some do manage to quit, we're all different. We should encourage everyone that wants to quit, it the wanting to quit that's the hardest step.