Vaping.

Red-dot

Had 6 tourists in my local and all were vaping and swapping flavours and the air was full of the smoke. Now these contain many toxic substances should they be BANNED in public places?

Put simply, yes, many places are implementing the same rules as for cigarettes!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The evidence is clear, vaping Is safer than smoking but not safe, a very high percentage vapers don't smoke cigarettes and never have, even the tobacco companies are getting a big slice of the action and now publicly admitting that the products they have been pushing for the last 100years are both toxic and dangerous, banning it in public seems a.little harsh but I would like to see it banned inside pubs and the like

Others in a public place.... are you stupid?

Ooooh....having a bad day? 😀

To what extent does vaping have a detrimental effect on the health or well being on others in a public place or on the NHS, in comparison to the effects of alcohol and sugar intakes?

Smoking is deemed to be socially unacceptable, and detrimental to the health of others, and a drain on NHS resources, whilst drinking is glamourised ( as once was smoking) yet is most definitely more detrimental to the health and well being of not only the participant when done to excess, but of many others also, plus a huge drain on NHS resources.

Given the stated revenue to the government, from the sale and consumption of the respective legal highs of tobacco and alcohol, do you not think it a tad hypocritical to single out vaping?

We are talking about smoke via vaping. Start another thread on other poisons if you want.

There is no smoke from vaping. It's water vapour... the clue's in the name.

A recent report from Public Health England noted:

E-cigs are at least 95% less harmful than normal cigarettes.

They pose no threat of nicotine poisoning.

They pose no health risk to bystanders (passive smoking).

They do not contain the dangerous chemicals associated with lung and heart disease from normal cigarettes.

They are the most popular quitting aid in England.

Once regulated as medical products they will almost certainly be used on prescription as NRT from the NHS.

Public Health England are a body of health and medical professionals set up to improve the nations health and well being.

Where does your information come from?

Shame they don't all die quicker instead of leading us towards yet another NHS health timebomb in years to come

NHS advice now suggests vaping as a safe smoking alternative. They even sell them is chemists!

My gp advised me to try it, there is something evidential here I'm guessing....

No. I think it's hypocritical for anyone to suggest smoking is banned in a public place; whether vaping or the real thing, while it is perfectly legal to consume alcohol in a public place.

If the reasoning is due to the drain on NHS rwsources, then we most certainly need to consider a ban on alcohol, sugars and sweeteners, and for the same reasoning.

If it's simply because you don't like it, then again no.

Whilst I normally agree with what you day, Scully, on this occasion I can't. I am so glad that smoking in public places is banned. I don't have inhale stuff that I shouldn't have to, anymore. Or have my clothes stink. Someone drinking in my presence shouldn't have a bearing on my health or the way I smell.

Whilst I normally agree with what you day, Scully, on this occasion I can't. I am so glad that smoking in public places is banned. I don't have inhale stuff that I shouldn't have to, anymore. Or have my clothes stink. Someone drinking in my presence shouldn't have a bearing on my health or the way I smell.

Fair enough. Being an ex smoker I can sympathise with your sentiments entirely, but I have no qualms about anyone vaping.

I can entirely agree that someone drinking alcohol in public ( or private ) shouldn't have a detrimental effect on anyone's health, but the fact is that it does, on a daily basis, the length and breadth of the country. Vaping is insignificant by comparison.

They do not contain the dangerous chemicals associated with lung and heart disease from normal cigarettes.

Once regulated as medical products they will almost certainly be used on prescription as NRT from the NHS.

Public Health England are a body of health and medical professionals set up to improve the nations health and well being.

+ 1

Vaping helped me to quit a 30yr smoking habit, I feel much healthier since I quit and I'm financially much better off. Should it be banned in public places? I have no problem with that, do I wish people to die quicker because of a misconceived idea of a drain on NHS resources? No I certainly do not, and those that do should be ashamed of themselves! Who will be next on your hope you die because it costs to much to treat you wish list.

+2

Red-dot do you think public health England are lying?

After searching Google for "some facts" 😉 there is some evidence that when the flavour/odour is heated rapidly there are various less than desirable chemicals released. Perhaps the non flavoured versions are the ones with none of the dangerous chemicals in. ? Now to be fair the op did say "swapping flavours" so perhaps he is correct.

Edited by sportsbob

After searching Google for "some facts" there is some evidence that when the flavour/odour is heated rapidly there are various less than desirable chemicals released. Perhaps the non flavoured versions are the ones with none of the dangerous chemicals in. ? Now to be fair the op did say "swapping flavours" so perhaps he is correct.

The only study I've seen that drew the conclusion that dangerous chemicals were released had dubious methodology. It appeared that the release may have been attributed to frying the coils with an above normal current, the chemicals coming from the fried wires. As with all science nowadays you have to ask who is behind the research and what is their agenda.

I tried it for a day if that. Flamin orrible mouth as dry as a dry thing and I could still taste chemicals the day after. Big plumes of vapour can be seen bellowing out of car windows. I don't buy that its safer than smoking not with all the chemicals and un regulated additives plus they look hideous. I will stick with my cigars thank you.

Oh the question, matters not to me as I am rarely in a public place, the world ends at my gate 😁

I don't buy that its safer than smoking not with all the chemicals and un regulated additives plus they look hideous. I will stick with my cigars thank you.

Despite all the evidence that it is safer, or at lest much less harmful. I see it no different than any other nicotine replacement therapy patches etc just much more effective. I know numerous people that have stopped smoking using vaping including myself after 30 years of smoking and trying most other methods.

Cigarette smoke contains over 4,000 chemicals, including 43 known cancer-causing (carcinogenic) compounds and 400 other toxins. These cigarette ingredients include nicotine, tar, and carbon monoxide, as well as formaldehyde,ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, arsenic, and DDT. Nicotine is highly addictive.

Edited by ordnance

They all contain nicotine, in addition being highly addictive it is used as an insecticide, how much more toxic can you get than that

Sorry mate, they do not all contain nicotine, there are dozens of flavours available that don't contain any nicotine at all.