stoat (you dont see that everyday)

ips

4pm sitting in caravan chilling on hols wife says a squirrel just ran under the van, I am not especially excited by this but I instinctively look out the window to see the squirrel emerge, a second later a stoat comes from nowhere jumps on the squirrel and sinks its teeth into the back of the neck, squirrel gives a few screams as the stoat drags it off under a bush.....you don't see that everyday !!

I googled it and apparently stoats in the UK do not take rabbit or squirrel.....try telling that to the squirrel

Funny I saw a stoat carrying/dragging a one third grown rabbit across the road on Lindisfarne about six years ago...and I watched a stoat hunt and kill a fully grown rabbit on the far bank of the river Nith some ten years ago.......unless I was mistaken of course! Lol!

Funny I saw a stoat carrying/dragging a one third grown rabbit across the road on Lindisfarne about six years ago...and I watched a stoat hunt and kill a fully grown rabbit on the far bank of the river Nith some ten years ago.......unless I was mistaken of course! Lol!

Maybe your stoat told my stoat not to believe tinterweb and go for it 😁

Yep few years ago watched a doe trying to chase a stoat from taking one of its young. Took a few try's but the blighter took one,dragged off a good size bunny compared to its own size.

Thought a swizzle would fight back more. As squizzers are feisty too.

Once saw a stoat with a frog in its mouth and I have seen them on more than one occasion with young rabbits in their mouth . Two winters ago I saw a stoat in ermin . Not a common sight in my part of the woods .

Harnser

Stoat in ermine? It wasn't someone from the house of Lords was it?.....oh! no that would be a scrote!