12g to 20bore

gaffertoo

Hi all ,just a bit of advice please,

Have lots of problems with health ,im thinking of changing to a 20 bore than the 12 I have ,just to heavy now so with in mind there is a nice little 20 sxs 1/4 and 1/2 for sale.Any good for now again clay shooting with the right carts say number 8s ,any help would be nice,,,,,ta ,pops

hello, what shotgun do you have now ? most side by side 20s are between 5.5 and 6llb, shooting 8s with those chokes should give a more open pattern for the occasional clay shoot,like you i am not up to heavier guns from my early O/Us at 7.5/8 llb, 2 i have now in 12g are 6.5 llb, one a semi i can do 30/32g the O/U i only do 28g, roost shooting in new year one chap had a 20g O/U and did as good as us with 12g. if the price of 20s carts were same as 12 i would get one my self. good luck

hello, what shotgun do you have now ? most side by side 20s are between 5.5 and 6llb, shooting 8s with those chokes should give a more open pattern for the occasional clay shoot,like you i am not up to heavier guns from my early O/Us at 7.5/8 llb, 2 i have now in 12g are 6.5 llb, one a semi i can do 30/32g the O/U i only do 28g, roost shooting in new year one chap had a 20g O/U and did as good as us with 12g. if the price of 20s carts were same as 12 i would get one my self. good luck

Hi ,yes it's a Lamber o/u full and half ,nice gun and getting on a bit now much like me but just to much for me now.

Hi ,yes it's a Lamber o/u full and half ,nice gun and getting on a bit now much like me but just to much for me now.

hello, ok i had one back in the early 2000 and can understand as is 7 3/4llb, my O/U now is 6.5llb and much better for me also, i can only say go for the 20 and hope you have many more years shooting, good luck

Just an up date ,i've sold the 12g and got my self a very nice 20 g from a real gent on here.

Well done. Eley do a 24 gram 7.5 or 8's shot fibre wad at around £220/1000. The 21 gram plastic or fibre are slightly cheaper. Both are very low recoil and my 11 years old Grandson can shoot the 21's without any recoil issues. They break clays well enough too.