Leasing a pick up, who do you use?

junglebert

Just make sure you look at the total price of the lease, say for a 3 year deal a lot of the online companies ask for 3 months deposit then 35 months payments so 38 payments in total, most dealers ask for 3 months deposit then 33 monthly payments so 36 in total. Also there are often additional set up and delivery charges.

When i was getting quotes any extras on top of the standard truck were just costed then divided over the length of your term. So by time you added hard top, load liner, tow bar etc this easily come to an extra few grand and you got nothing for them at the end of the lease but the truck had to go back with them on as originally supplied. It may be worth buying the standard truck then fitting the extras yourself as at least at the end of the term you can remove them and either put onto your replacement vehicle of sell them and get a few quid back.

When i looked a few years ago the local Mitsubushi dealer (duxford) offered the best price and their customer service was excellent. I changed jobs so didnt go ahead with a pick up in the end.

Thanks Red-dot, I'll pop in and have a chat with my local dealer.

I'd spotted the accessories thing Tom, but thanks for mentioning it, it seems like a terrible deal to add them to the lease, Vanarama divide the purchase price of accessories by the length of the term in months and charge you the whole purchase price, and make you give it back when you return the car! I'd be much more inclined to buy the bits and then assuming all goes well with the lease I'd probably swap it for another one in 2 or 3 years, so I'd just put the old top etc on the new vehicle.

My local Mitzy outlet are doing zero deposit and zero interest on new L200's.

That's because there ****

I had one engine blew

I know two people you have new ones and gearboxes have failed, one of them spends more time in the garage and they will not let him end his contract

Edited by reggiegun

That's because there ****

I had one engine blew

I know two people you have new ones and gearboxes have failed, one of them spends more time in the garage and they will not let him end his contract

To be fair with a 5 year 100k plus warranty who cares on a lease deal.

Vice Versa I know a fair few people with the latest model and none have had the above problems

L200 is one of the most popular trucks sold, I'm not surprised a few are lemons! Not owned one but know people who have and non have complained massively about them (newer ones). Can't be all bad surely?

They aren't it's just to justify the extra cost of a hilux you have to bash them at every opportunity. They are producing shed loads of them and the new models are class leading with economy etc they seem to be leading the way warranty wise as well and we're the first pushing to 5 years if that doesn't show confidence in their product I don't know what does

Iv just got mine finally. Went for a Nissan nivara tekna through vanarama. We'll pick up is great and is just what I wanted.

The hoops and waiting with vanarama is not worth it.The services is appalling and the are constantly full of lies and passing the blame round there office. Turns out they just order a pre reg truck through a dealer anyway and then avoid all calls and blame nissan in this case.i added a cab for the back and got told 2 days before the proposed delivery it was not in stock therefore I couldn't have the truck till September or I could remove that option and have it in 2 weeks. After waiting 5 weeks already I about lost it with them.now have a temporary cab untill the correct one is in then gave to take it back to hemel Hempstead to get changed. Total cost to vanarama us 0 cost to me for there mistakes £600 for loss of earrings and fule. if you have a lot of patience then it all comes good in the end but if not I would avoid them and go directly to the dealer.