Binoculars

Beagrie92

I'm looking to buy a set of binoculars. Any suggestions want to spend about 300 quid

It could be your going at this from the wrong direction. Surely it should be what you are going to use them for. (And I don't mean, for looking at things).

2nd hand Zeiss,Swaros,Leica etc .All excellent glass and will hold their value if you want to sell on.

As above. Everyone's eyesight and perception is different and the use that you want them for. Magnification above 7 >>8x get difficult to hold steady. (Look at a star at night, it jiggles about all over the place). The physical size and weight is another consideration especially if you want to walk with them.(it ain't much fun lugging around a big pair of binoculars on a hot day). I use a pair of Leica 8x20. They fit in the top pocket of my jacket and the glass quality is world class. You don't know what the difference is until you look through something like this. It's fine detail at long range in low light conditions that sort the wheat from the other. Edited by fortune

2nd hand Zeiss,Swaros,Leica etc .All excellent glass and will hold their value if you want to sell on.

i use swarovski binos had them years for stalking. one of my mates of here, that i have been educating on everything stalking. has realised that it is worth spending decent money on glass. the first or last 10 mins of the day can be gained by having proper optics when out stalking. does not sound like alot but cheap binos really struggle in lowlight

i use swarovski binos had them years for stalking. one of my mates of here, that i have been educating on everything stalking. has realised that it is worth spending decent money on glass. the first or last 10 mins of the day can be gained by having proper optics when out stalking. does not sound like alot but cheap binos really struggle in lowlight

It could be your going at this from the wrong direction. Surely it should be what you are going to use them for. (And I don't mean, for looking at things).

As above. And that's why I wrote. the glass quality is world class. You don't know what the difference is until you look through something like this. It's fine detail at long range in low light conditions that sort the wheat from the other.