Hour in the workshop

la bala

I've had an hour ( or 20 ) in the workshop as well

20771801_10213747247293927_1466427809_o_

Ps: Did you get any bunnies the other night? Spotted your camo series on the stubbles from the road ( not far from tiff and his goats )

Neat job bud. Had 14 in 3 evenings off that little bit of stubble.

Neat job bud. Had 14 in 3 evenings off that little bit of stubble.

Done as a favour for one of the girlfriends friends, ended up repairing a hole in the wheel arch which i nearly put my hand through as well, rotten job, even as low as the mig would go it just blew holes, not at my own place so didn't have any proper heat sinks to put behind it!

Done as a favour for one of the girlfriends friends, ended up repairing a hole in the wheel arch which i nearly put my hand through as well, rotten job, even as low as the mig would go it just blew holes, not at my own place so didn't have any proper heat sinks to put behind it!

Just get someone to hold a copper mallet behind your weld :good:

I've had an hour ( or 20 ) in the workshop as well

20771801_10213747247293927_1466427809_o_

Ps: Did you get any bunnies the other night? Spotted your camo series on the stubbles from the road ( not far from tiff and his goats )

Got a run of 17m of 50mm weld mesh to do, can i ask how what sort of time did you go for on the mesh to box welds so it did not just melt the mesh?

Got a run of 17m of 50mm weld mesh to do, can i ask how what sort of time did you go for on the mesh to box welds so it did not just melt the mesh?

I put a weld on ever 2nd mesh bar, about 5-10mm long, I will admit to melting the odd bit. You'll know how to see when it's about to melt after a couple, tends do go bright red, then hold like that for a second and then you'll see one side of the bar start to dip in. Found the trick was to stop before then!

Did another set of cages whilst welding the mesh with the sane method last year and they're holding strong! They passed inspection by the toughest critic, my girlfriend!

I have operated one, they make life easy. Doubt if them next door would be best pleased. :lol:

Just out of interest, was that an old-fashioned Oliver where the hammer is directly powered by the treadle, as opposed to a more modern power hammer where the pedal is simply a control? Is it tricky to keep your balance while standing on one leg and working the hammer with the other leg? Perhaps no more difficult than a pole lathe, but that is another I device I have never tried to use.