call for new political party brexit

figgy

James Chapman the former secretary to the chief for brexit has called for a new party to reverse the catastrophe that is brexit on twitter. Calling it the worst thing for Britain since WW11 the halfwit, brexit as bad as Hitler the fool.

When will these politicians remember we the populace voted to leave and they are bound to follow it through. Not try and stall or reverse it at every turn because their not suited. I don't like a lot of laws and act of parliament but have to abide by them.

Time for them all to shut up and get on with it. Bring back Farrage and let him barrack them into action.

Edited by figgy

I agree we shoud or the poltians shoud do what we voted for just get on whith it Teresa may is trying her hardest and doing a good job but whith both hands tied be hind her back , I have said be for all party's must put thier differences behind them for the good of our country and get on whith it

Politics are like a cess pit, the biggest lumps rise to the surface and become the most visible. Go into their websites and tell them you violently don't agree. Most are political tarts, they follow what they see as the popular vote

bought and sold by a sack of wool comes to mind

Edited by Vince Green

James Chapman the former secretary to the chief for brexit has called for a new party to reverse the catastrophe that is brexit on twitter. Calling it the worst thing for Britain since WW11 the halfwit, brexit as bad as Hitler the fool.

When will these politicians remember we the populace voted to leave and they are bound to follow it through. Not try and stall or reverse it at every turn because their not suited. I don't like a lot of laws and act of parliament but have to abide by them.

Time for them all to shut up and get on with it. Bring back Farrage and let him barrack them into action.

I voted to leave but the longer this goes on the more I think that it is going to end badly the only way that I can see to deal with NI is to have a border at the costal ports and air ports but if we did that the Scots would start up again wanting a land border so that they can stay in the EU.

Its all turning into a complete mess we want strong borders to keep people out but the government is still cutting the border force so that more people will get in as we are not able to stop them coming in or get them out if they are caught .

It was supposed to be so simple just get out save loads of money and stop all of these people coming in to our country but it seems that we will still have to pay them loads of money for things that we have signed up to and it is not going to stop many people coming in even if they come in to do short term work we do not have the police or border force people to remove them.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

I voted to 'remain' - the main reason being I understood what that meant - even though there were large parts of the EU policies and process (particularly 'ever greater integration') with which I profoundly disagree and a completely 'out of control' budget and finance policy.

The problem I had with 'leave' was that I didn't understand what it would mean in the longer term;

• What would our EU trading agreements actually be
  • What would our rest of world trading agreements be
  • What would it cost
  • What free movement/border controls would apply
  • How would agricultural policy evolve (I live in a rural area)
  • How would the 'city' as a world class financial centre be affected

The vote went leave - and I will now support that fully.

The reason the vote went leave was (to put it mildly) unfortunate and in my view principally due to a poor campaign by the Remain campaigners;

• David Cameron did a truly dreadful job of 're-negotiating' our deal
  • The EU came across as arrogant and unwilling to help at all - I think we all feel that we are better off without the likes of Juncker
  • The 'scare' campaign run by 'Remain' was ridiculous and turned people the other way
  • Remain had on board slippery snakes like Blair and Mandleson

By contrast the Leave campaign had good speakers, including Farage, Johnson - and like them or not, the put their story well. But I still don't know what Brexit will really mean - and I don't think anyone does; I do hope it isn't a case of 'out of the frying pan and into the fire'.

Oh the great EU, I can't think of a single benefit.

Pay them 12 Billion a year or so nett to let them have a huge trade deficit with us, they should be paying us.

Open borders to potentially hundreds of millions to come and abuse our benefits system. housing and health care and all of it paid by the wholly abused UK Taxpayer.

They have shown their true colours since the vote, all we have ever been are a cash cow and mugs of the highest order.

Open borders to potentially hundreds of millions to come and abuse our benefits system. housing and health care and all of it paid by the wholly abused UK Taxpayer.

To be fair, it is our stupid system at fault here ......... we shouldn't pay benefits to non UK citizens (and should be a lot more careful when paying to UK citizens to ensure it goes to the truly needy, not the truly lazy).

To be fair, it is our stupid system at fault here ......... we shouldn't pay benefits to non UK citizens (and should be a lot more careful when paying to UK citizens to ensure it goes to the truly needy, not the truly lazy).

Agree,that's why Universal Credit was introduced but that's gone tits up.

The EU wouldnt let us do it, human rights ect.

They can bend the rules as they please, but not us.

Theres reasons why they trek through several countries to get to the UK ,to then sit in a camp at the coast waiting to illegally enter here.

One is they are often 'herded' here.

Our benefits system is soft on asylum seekers.

There are plenty of bleeding heart, leftie hypocrites who cry 'let them in' whilst making sure they are no where near them and their ivory towers.

Theres also reasons why countries like Poland and Hungary wont take them,and thats because they dont want them,and despite the EU central command doing its usual threats ect, flatly refuse to take them.

They also have no islamic terrorism either, how strange.

I think it was the last weekend but one I noticed in a shop the headline of the Guardian newsapaper which had the London mayor thingy Khan stating that Labour could still prevent brexit, citing as one of the methods with which to do so being 'a second referendum'!

It truly beggars belief! The arrogance of some people who simply assume that they know better and therefore should have the deciding say over the majority of the population.

I'm not saying the brexiteers are right or wrong, or that remainers are either, simply that the matter was put to the vote and the majority voted to leave. Get over it and get on with it.

Edited by Scully

Oh the great EU, I can't think of a single benefit.

Pay them 12 Billion a year or so nett to let them have a huge trade deficit with us, they should be paying us.

They have shown their true colours since the vote, all we have ever been are a cash cow and mugs of the highest order.

Just out of sheer bedevilment...

Net benefit of EU membership to the UK in the region of 4-5% of GDP (or £62bn-£78bn a year) (CBI figures)

UK firms’ access to the Single Market goes beyond a standard free-trade agreement - the EU has eliminated tariff barriers and customs procedures within its borders, and has taken strides towards removing non-tariff barriers - such as different product regulations - by enforcing EU-wide competition law and coordinating product regulations

The Single Market also underpins access to European supply chains. In 2009 $207bn of the UK’s total of $293bn of exports to the rest of the EU27 was used as inputs to industries, rather than being consumed directly; and the UK imported $161bn of intermediates from the EU27 in 2009. Imported intermediates are important even to domestically-focused sectors: the health & social care sector used $19bn of imported intermediates (principally of pharmaceuticals and other chemicals)

The EU is a springboard for trade with the rest of the world through its global clout: it accounted for 23% of the global economy in 2012 in dollar terms. Through 30 trade deals negotiated by the EU, including the Single Market itself, British firms have full access to a $24 trillion market.

Investment flows across borders inside the EU roughly doubled following the introduction of the Single Market. As the EU’s leading investment destination, the UK was a key beneficiary: the EU accounted for 47% of the UK’s stock of inward FDI at the end of 2011, with investments worth over $1.2 trillion.

UK citizens have also benefited from free movement of labour – at least three-quarters of a million live in other EU countries.

The UK’s net contribution to the EU budget is around €7.3bn, or 0.4% of GDP. As a comparison that’s around a quarter of what the UK spends on the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, and less than an eighth of the UK’s defence spend. The £116 per person net contribution is less than that from Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Germany and the Netherlands.

On the other hand, perhaps you are right and there is not a single benefit to membership...

Net benefit of EU membership to the UK in the region of 4-5% of GDP (or £62bn-£78bn a year) (CBI figures)

UK firms’ access to the Single Market goes beyond a standard free-trade agreement - the EU has eliminated tariff barriers and customs procedures within its borders, and has taken strides towards removing non-tariff barriers - such as different product regulations - by enforcing EU-wide competition law and coordinating product regulations

The Single Market also underpins access to European supply chains. In 2009 $207bn of the UK’s total of $293bn of exports to the rest of the EU27 was used as inputs to industries, rather than being consumed directly; and the UK imported $161bn of intermediates from the EU27 in 2009. Imported intermediates are important even to domestically-focused sectors: the health & social care sector used $19bn of imported intermediates (principally of pharmaceuticals and other chemicals)

The EU is a springboard for trade with the rest of the world through its global clout: it accounted for 23% of the global economy in 2012 in dollar terms. Through 30 trade deals negotiated by the EU, including the Single Market itself, British firms have full access to a $24 trillion market.

Investment flows across borders inside the EU roughly doubled following the introduction of the Single Market. As the EU’s leading investment destination, the UK was a key beneficiary: the EU accounted for 47% of the UK’s stock of inward FDI at the end of 2011, with investments worth over $1.2 trillion.

UK citizens have also benefited from free movement of labour – at least three-quarters of a million live in other EU countries.

The UK’s net contribution to the EU budget is around €7.3bn, or 0.4% of GDP. As a comparison that’s around a quarter of what the UK spends on the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, and less than an eighth of the UK’s defence spend. The £116 per person net contribution is less than that from Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Germany and the Netherlands.

On the other hand, perhaps you are right and there is not a single benefit to membership...

I wouldn't want to be a member if it was free purely because of a lack of control over potentially hundreds of millions coming here if they chose and many have. The numbers you quote are meaningless because we can open up whole new horizons of trade once we are free of the customs union so who knows what those new potential markets are worth. The EU has a huge trade deficit with us not the other way round, if they choose to impose tarriffs we would benefit. I don't give a toss about benefits to big business I care about our society and right now it is well and truly broken I appreciate not just because of EU migration but that is a start.

UK firms access to the Single Market goes beyond a standard free-trade agreement - the EU has eliminated tariff barriers and customs procedures within its borders, and has taken strides towards removing non-tariff barriers - such as different product regulations - by enforcing EU-wide competition law and coordinating product regulations

The Single Market also underpins access to European supply chains. In 2009 $207bn of the UKs total of $293bn of exports to the rest of the EU27 was used as inputs to industries, rather than being consumed directly; and the UK imported $161bn of intermediates from the EU27 in 2009. Imported intermediates are important even to domestically-focused sectors: the health & social care sector used $19bn of imported intermediates (principally of pharmaceuticals and other chemicals)

Investment flows across borders inside the EU roughly doubled following the introduction of the Single Market. As the EUs leading investment destination, the UK was a key beneficiary: the EU accounted for 47% of the UKs stock of inward FDI at the end of 2011, with investments worth over $1.2 trillion.

UK citizens have also benefited from free movement of labour at least three-quarters of a million live in other EU countries.

The UKs net contribution to the EU budget is around 7.3bn, or 0.4% of GDP. As a comparison thats around a quarter of what the UK spends on the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, and less than an eighth of the UKs defence spend. The £116 per person net contribution is less than that from Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Germany and the Netherlands.

I couldn't give a flying duck. I didn't vote out because of economics.

Im sure there are many benefits to membership, I dont believe anyone said there wasnt.

If there were not, we wouldnt have needed a referendum would we ?

So quoting some business figures spun straight out of the pages of the guardian or independent doesnt really cut it ,does it ?

If that was the only issue, again, we wouldnt have needed a referendum.

People voted out because theyve had enough of the EU meddling in our laws, our economy, our culture.

If you cant see past the haze of believing anyone who wanted that is some kind of ultra right wing knuckle dragger, then at least look at the way the EU are 'negotiating' our withdrawal .

Threats, financial demands and general unwillingness to play on a level field, all for 'daring' to leave.

These are not nice people, and we have upset their agenda.

Edited by Rewulf

I wouldn't want to be a member if it was free purely because of a lack of control over potentially hundreds of millions coming here if they chose and many have. The numbers you quote are meaningless because we can open up whole new horizons of trade once we are free of the customs union so who knows what those new potential markets are worth. The EU has a huge trade deficit with us not the other way round, if they choose to impose tarriffs we would benefit. I don't give a toss about benefits to big business I care about our society and right now it is well and truly broken I appreciate not just because of EU migration but that is a start.

Ban me mods for this but *** ( 4 ****s sake)

It's not millions for starters, secondly it's not the EU's sole fault for our higher Immigration ( been going on for more than 75 years, well before the EU was even around).

Ill informed, bigoted and often a total lack of understanding of Global finance and Politics ( no, I'm no expert but at least I admit it)

Am I a 'moaning remainer' , nope, but I'm sick and tired of non factual arguements being used to belittle those who do wish to remain as part of the EU.

If your all so good with your keyboards then maybe check out the facts regarding 'Funding, Contributions, subsidies and my Legal Profession Stepsons favourite-- EU policies and legalities and our rights of Adoption

Anyway, hate to let facts get in the way of a good discussion and god forbid someone disagree and maybe wish to form a Political Party that is not in line with your views

I used to enjoy PW and it's 'Off topic' section, now it's either anti RSPCA, Chris Packham, BREXIT or similar

Edited by Jaymo

Most people voted out because they allowed the opinion of whatever media they choose to use to indoctrinate their way of thinking, if we are honest about it nobody knows what will happen if and when we leave it's just media led opinions that appear to have turned everyone into an economic, legal and political expert almost overnight

I couldn't give a flying duck. I didn't vote out because of economics.

Quite, on first glance a fair number of people voted "out" because of "funny foreign people coming over here and living in out country"...

Interestingly enough a lot of those "johnny foreigners" that people are getting their knickers in a knot about are not EU nation citizens, and therefore are not party to EU migration laws. So, in the broadest UK sense, "in" or "out" makes not a jot of difference.

Im sure there are many benefits to membership, I dont believe anyone said there wasnt. - Please see statement from JRDS above...

If there were not, we wouldnt have needed a referendum would we ?

So quoting some business figures spun straight out of the pages of the guardian or independent doesnt really cut it ,does it ?

If that was the only issue, again, we wouldnt have needed a referendum.

People voted out because theyve had enough of the EU meddling in our laws, our economy, our culture.

If you cant see past the haze of believing anyone who wanted that is some kind of ultra right wing knuckle dragger, then at least look at the way the EU are 'negotiating' our withdrawal .

Threats, financial demands and general unwillingness to play on a level field, all for 'daring' to leave.

These are not nice people, and we have upset their agenda.

The figures above (quoted for the sake of reasoned debate) are mostly from the CBI, and certainly not from the Guardian or the Independent. Quite how you managed to extrapolate from that that I "cant see past the haze of believing anyone who wanted that is some kind of ultra right wing knuckle dragger" (sic) is beyond me. The most crucial thing in a debate such as that which preceded the Brexit referendum is that those voting (the population of the UK) are as informed as they can be, it is your very duty as a citizen of this nation, however it was the case (and seems to be still) that it was more of a "reinforce the prejudices" from both sides.

As for your statement about providing rock solid statements of economic fact "not cutting it", I find that to be incredibly disappointing. You would rather that the vote was progressed on peoples ill-informed social prejudices? It is an incredibly sad fact that in this day and age, with the collected knowledge of humanity available to everyone on the planet at just the stroke of a few keys, we still choose to remain ignorant of facts that counter our core beliefs.

I am also curious as to why (given my statement about "just for bedevilment") you have instantaneously decided that I am a left-wing, pro-European Liberal? I did not argue that the EU is a paragon of virtue, nor did I pass judgement on the outcome of the referendum, I merely responded to a comment from someone who said that they could not perceive any benefits to membership of the EU by providing a list of some of the key economic benefits thereof.

It's not millions for starters, secondly it's not the EU's sole fault for our higher Immigration ( been going on for more than 75 years, well before the EU was even around).

Ill informed, bigoted and often a total lack of understanding of Global finance and Politics ( no, I'm no expert but at least I admit it)

Am I a 'moaning remainer' , nope, but I'm sick and tired of non factual arguements being used to belittle those who do wish to remain as part of the EU.

If your all so good with your keyboards then maybe check out the facts regarding 'Funding, Contributions, subsidies and my Legal Profession Stepsons favourite-- EU policies and legalities and our rights of Adoption

Anyway, hate to let facts get in the way of a good discussion and god forbid someone disagree and maybe wish to form a Political Party that is not in line with your views

I used to enjoy PW and it's 'Off topic' section, now it's either anti RSPCA, Chris Packham, BREXIT or similar

Jaymo, Jaymo, Jaymo,

You are not trying to say that momentous decisions such as this should be based on fact surely? Actual facts? But what happens if they do not agree with my point of view?

Besides, the EU is foreign so it must be rubbish. After all, foreigners can't do anything properly. And they all want to be British. And live here. And get paid millions in benefits. And be given 12 bedroom Kensington apartments. I read it in the Daily Mail so it must be true...

Jaymo you say about form a party against what I want. No against what the majority vote was. It's just plain wrong, they just won't stop trying block stop the exit.

We're out and should be speeding towards the exit as that's what the public vote was for. Any argument to stay or leave are immaterial now article 50 is triggered. Let's steer our own boat.

Not ill informed or bigoted thanks very much and I don't give a monkeys about Global Finance and politics. 3.3 million is millions (only 2.1 million working) that is a fact but it is not just about who is here but the ongoing potential for who else is eligable as EU seeks to expand, Turkey Albania etc. In case you haven't noticed our services are stretched beyond breaking point and we simply can't go in increasing our population by hundreds of thousands a year it is not sustainable in any shape or form. Why on earth is it bigotted to not want your country over run with foreigners or to object to your taxes paying for them. Of those actually working most are on minimum wage getting benefits to subsidise their low wages and sending money back home not spending it here as well as suppressing wages for all none skilled workers. I appreciate EU iimigration is not our only problem as I said previously but it is a start, if we had a referendum on severely restricting none EU immigration that would be a land slide I guess but currently we don't have the option. You lost the vote, the country needs to get out and move on.

Edited by JRDS

Breathe ....... and relax

It's not millions for starters, secondly it's not the EU's sole fault for our higher Immigration ( been going on for more than 75 years,

I think you will find that net migration of around 350,000 per year soon runs into millions after a decade or 2.

And no its not been going on for 75 years, since around 2000 by my reckoning ,when many of the eastern european countries joined the EU, border controls were relaxed.

Quite, on first glance a fair number of people voted "out" because of "funny foreign people coming over here and living in out country"...

Interestingly enough a lot of those "johnny foreigners" that people are getting their knickers in a knot about are not EU nation citizens, and therefore are not party to EU migration laws. So, in the broadest UK sense, "in" or "out" makes not a jot of difference.

It makes a world of difference when the EU is giving you quotas of how many refugees you will take, telling you what you MUST do ,is what the EU does best.

I thought it was just about making trade easier between European countries..what happened ?

The figures above (quoted for the sake of reasoned debate) are mostly from the CBI, and certainly not from the Guardian or the Independent. Quite how you managed to extrapolate from that that I "cant see past the haze of believing anyone who wanted that is some kind of ultra right wing knuckle dragger" (sic) is beyond me. The most crucial thing in a debate such as that which preceded the Brexit referendum is that those voting (the population of the UK) are as informed as they can be, it is your very duty as a citizen of this nation, however it was the case (and seems to be still) that it was more of a "reinforce the prejudices" from both sides.

The CBI :lol:

When it came to making informed decisions during the referendum 'remain' came out for some great 'factual' gems didnt it ?

The nice glossy leaflet anyone ? WW3 ? For every £1 we put in, £10 comes out ?

You may not be a leftie, or a remainer, you may be just playing devils advocate, fair enough if youre not.

But what you are saying is straight from their tired old song sheets.