'Bespoke'

winnie&bezza

Tell me if I'm being petty but I've grown a hatred for the word. Being a carpenter who does work that I could call bespoke, I will not use it at all and instead use 'custom' or just made to clients idea. It's used for stupid things like the ones I've seen which are 'bespoke ironing services', 'bespoke splash backs' and the worst which was 'bespoke pest control services' 😂. Rant over.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Artisan is another one. Nowadays it just means overpriced. Craft is the same.

It is one of those words that have been hijacked and twisted until it becomes meaningless. Here are a few more - Engineer

I once had someone tell me he didn't make assumptions because he was an engineer. Turned out he was a welder.

Artisan is another one. Nowadays it just means overpriced. Craft is the same.

I once had someone tell me he didn't make assumptions because he was an engineer. Turned out he was a welder.

You would have to go to a an Artisan Assumption maker for Bespoke Assumptions. :) Edited by loriusgarrulus

Don't think is so much misuse as it's used a lot and has became popular words. Are craft beers no longer craft beers because there are lots of them around.

Bespoke is only another word for custom made to measure etc. eventually another round of words will become the buzzwords.

Don't think is so much misuse as it's used a lot and has became popular words. Are craft beers no longer craft beers because there are lots of them around.

Bespoke is only another word for custom made to measure etc. eventually another round of words will become the buzzwords.

True, true.

What really annoys me is when completely the wrong word is used, but somehow it's okay.

'I should of done blah blah blah.'

OF?? It's HAVE.

One that is often used on this very forum is the misspelling of rogue, people often mention rouge traders and should be red-faced!

That one is probably the spell checker's word prediction on phones. I've been caught out a few times (but not on rogue)