Suicide Blonde

amateur

There are many aspects of the highway code that you can't really put into practice every day. You are supposed to leave a car doors width when passing a parked car for example. Round here with the narrow residential roads, cars parked on both sides, that would be an impossibility.

Again I have more than once have car doors thrown open in front of me. Hit them and its no contest, you are the moving vehicle. Things like this in my perception are becoming more frequent, people walking head down staring at the phone is another gripe, are they going to stop at the curb?

I think I have convinced myself, this weekend I am going to look at getting a couple of dashcams

Edited by Vince Green

There are many aspects of the highway code that you can't really put into practice every day. You are supposed to leave a car doors width when passing a parked car for example. Round here with the narrow residential roads, cars parked on both sides, that would be an impossibility.

Again I have more than once have car doors thrown open in front of me. Hit them and its no contest, you are the moving vehicle. Things like this in my perception are becoming more frequent, people walking head down staring at the phone is another gripe, are they going to stop at the curb?

I think I have convinced myself, this weekend I am going to look at getting a couple of dashcams

Seem to think there is an offence of "opening a car door in a dangerous manner"..

Exactly. So why do so many people drive in to a driveway and then reverse out? Simple. They can't drive properly.

If you can't reverse in and drive out you shouldn't be driving, you're a liability.

Simple answer here is it's because 50% are women and they don't know how to reverse or even park a car correctly. frm Auntie.

Seem to think there is an offence of "opening a car door in a dangerous manner"..

That's exactly why you need a webcam, to prove that it was opened in a dangerous manner. Otherwise, in general, if a moving car hits a stationary car, irrespective of all other factors, blame is placed on the moving car's driver. Its going to be an uphill struggle to prove otherwise.

Edited by Vince Green

Simple answer here is it's because 50% are women and they don't know how to reverse or even park a car correctly. frm Auntie.

I wasn't going to say that but actually I do believe women are worse at parking generally. This morning in work I watched a lady manager drive into an almost empty car park, she chose to park next to another car despite the 100 or so empty spaces. She checked the make up, brushed her hair, changed from flats to killer heels, gathered up handbag, carrier bags and opened the door. Oh dear! So close she couldn't get out! So she climbed over and got out of the passenger side in a flurry of mini skirt, knickers and not bad legs. I could almost forgive her but she's the same idiot that hit my car in the same carpark when mine was the only one there.