BASC and CA unite against Packham

David BASC

The mans an absolute nut job,I was a member of the R.S.P.B for 30yrs and withdrew my membership. I advised them that i do not want to be associated with an organization that has a complete idiot on board.He has no real understanding of conservation and is actually doing more harm that good with his ridiculous behavior.

Edited by Davyo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am on Twitter and quite innocently follow a few shooting and fishing people and organisations just out of interest, but I recently responded to a tweet from a pro Packham anti and wish I had never started .

There are loads of them on there waiting to abuse people that have any interest in field sports, I have had all sorts of comments fired at me , maybe I am naïve but it is very easy to get dragged into a prolonged argument which then becomes a total waste of time.

Their reason for being just seems to be to disrupt people that have busy and enjoyable lives. Why don't they get a life themselves ?

I have also learnt that hunt followers now need to wear masks to protect themselves from abuse , as well as the antis who are wearing them to avoid being identified and arrested.

What's the point in a load of people standing in a field in masks shouting at each other ? We'll be wearing them on the syndicate shoot next and chatting in muffled tones while trying to eat a sausage roll.

The world has officially gone mad , Trump's got nothing on that lot.

I am on Twitter and quite innocently follow a few shooting and fishing people and organisations just out of interest, but I recently responded to a tweet from a pro Packham anti and wish I had never started .

There are loads of them on there waiting to abuse people that have any interest in field sports, I have had all sorts of comments fired at me , maybe I am naïve but it is very easy to get dragged into a prolonged argument which then becomes a total waste of time.

Their reason for being just seems to be to disrupt people that have busy and enjoyable lives. Why don't they get a life themselves ?

I have also learnt that hunt followers now need to wear masks to protect themselves from abuse , as well as the antis who are wearing them to avoid being identified and arrested.

What's the point in a load of people standing in a field in masks shouting at each other ? We'll be wearing them on the syndicate shoot next and chatting in muffled tones while trying to eat a sausage roll.

The world has officially gone mad , Trump's got nothing on that lot.

Sausage roll?.........Don't you mean a Quorn "sausage" roll?

The press releases go to the shooting press and the general news press too, we try to get onto TV and radio as often as possible too, and are taking the BBC to take over bias reporting too as it says on our web site

...and regrettably most of the mainstream press avoid it because Packhams ramblings are more PC than the truth.

It is a shame, I appreciate the BASC etc are fighting a battle here as the mainstream press simply don't want to know!

Just from recent memory.......Ron Atkinson, Andy Grey, Richard Keys were all sacked from the media for expressing their views...whether you agree with those views or not, is not the point!....and I'm sure we can name many others suffering a similar fate?

But Packham can seemingly spew out extremist anti fieldsports vitriol, and make false statements through the media, in order to systematically, deliberately and cynically deceive the public into supporting an unjustifiable ban on a wholly lawful activity......with apparent impunity?.........Why?

It would be good if the CA/BASC started an online petition , that would be an easy way of getting the opinion of a few thousand under the noses of the dear old broadcasting service.

Before creating a twitter account I had underestimated the strength of feeling among the anti everything brigade .

I follow Countryman's Weekly as they publish all manner of stuff of interest to the fieldsports enthusiast ,but every tweet they put out is immediately met with a load of abuse from some saboteur group or the other , it is difficult to read anything without it being hijacked , why can't these people take up golf or something and just leave us to get on with out own lives.

No online petition pleeeeaaaassssse! I'm sick to death of online petitions! They mean nothing!

Petitions are a simple click on a button and I would be very very surprised if there would be sufficient numbers to create a parliamentary debate.

If you really really care then take the time to write.

I agree , I would rather write but I am not sure if they answer post from individuals.

I have had success through contacting my MP in the pas,t both with my SGC application , he contacted the Chief constable of Essex and speeded up the process for me and got a letter of apology , also the HMRC ,another letter of apology for poor service and a rebate.

He may be able to question the impartiality of the BBC in the commons, although I am not sure if he can name Packham as an individual.

Failing that we could try and get on Question time and hoist a banner just when Dimbleby is least expecting it.

I have said before...and I will repeat it...

There are 145000 members of BASC alone if they all write a complaint then it cannot be ignored.

Apathy will kill off shooting not packham!

I am currently awaiting my second cut and paste reply from the biased broadcaster. Then I will write a reply to that.

Coordinating 145000 people and asking them all to write a letter would be a bit of a job , it's not like we could just arrange a meeting and get them all to form an orderly queue .

BASC campaigning on our behalf means that all members are being represented through a single point of contact.

I am also a CA member ,they are very active and frequently challenge the BBC on behalf of over 100,000 members.

If you want to do something as an individual to raise the profile of Packham's wrongdoing then I think lobbying through a sympathetic MP is the best route, I intend to do this.

I also did it for the grouse debate . My MP replied to my letter and said that although he doesn't actively shoot grouse he would be supporting the shooting community in the commons during the debate, as he represents a rural community, one of the main speakers on our behalf at that time was Liam Stokes of the CA .

I think going through the correct channels and supporting those that are the mouthpieces of BASC and CA and writing to your MP will be most effective.

Packham heads up the RSPB

Under his animal rights agenda The RSPB has forgotten about the birds! The RSPB estimate that UK cats kill 275 million UK prey items a year, of which 55 million are birds. This does not accounts for many more animals caught but not brought home. With an eye to their fee paying subscribers the RSPB go on to claim that despite the large numbers of birds killed, there is no scientific evidence that predation by cats having any impact on bird populations UK-wide! Of course this is the same organisation that blocked the Hen Harrier Joint Recovery Programe and then blamed grouse shooting for the Harriers decline! An over simplistic anti shooting agenda brings in the fees!
The common housecat pays no syndicate fees, funds no conservation programe, plants no cover crops, feeds no birds, obeys no seasons, and does not utilize what he kills. It would be negligent to overlook the crop damage from birds, especially pigeon where in excess of 10% of the cerial crop is consumed before it can get to a vegitarians plate.
The RSPB supports Wind Farms & yet The American Bird Conservancy estimates that up to 440,000 birds are killed by wind turbines and that number is expected to exceed one million by 2030 as the number of wind farms grows to meet increased demand. They have a greater inpact on birds of prey i.e. the Hen Harrier. Of course wind farms are promoted by the same conservationalist who attack field sports so it would just not "do" for Packhams RSPB to highight this issue!

Coordinating 145000 people and asking them all to write a letter would be a bit of a job , it's not like we could just arrange a meeting and get them all to form an orderly queue .

BASC campaigning on our behalf means that all members are being represented through a single point of contact.

I am also a CA member ,they are very active and frequently challenge the BBC on behalf of over 100,000 members.

If you want to do something as an individual to raise the profile of Packham's wrongdoing then I think lobbying through a sympathetic MP is the best route, I intend to do this.

I also did it for the grouse debate . My MP replied to my letter and said that although he doesn't actively shoot grouse he would be supporting the shooting community in the commons during the debate, as he represents a rural community, one of the main speakers on our behalf at that time was Liam Stokes of the CA .

I think going through the correct channels and supporting those that are the mouthpieces of BASC and CA and writing to your MP will be most effective.[/quote

I agree re the organisations should take a lead and represent all members. But there is nothing wrong with individuals doing this also. I am BASC member but i have written my complaint to the beeb and my MP. There is a point when we have to stand up and be counted.

Remember the sabs and antis write in their droves as well as there groups to complain.]

I agree re the organisations should take a lead and represent all members. But there is nothing wrong with individuals doing this also. I am BASC member but i have written my complaint to the beeb and my MP. There is a point when we have to stand up and be counted.

Remember the sabs and antis write in their droves as well as there groups to complain.

This. Why should we just sit back and say "ive paid so why should I write it". I have sent emails etc to local mp's. And I will be contacting the BBC. I think BASC could potentially do similar to election time when all we have to do is put our details on a form and it will fire an email out. But again everyone of us could put an email together or pen to paper.

I agree, it is easy to e-mail your MP if you look them up on the internet and as I said in my earlier post it has been effective for me in the past, I am going to send it later today.

They are elected to represent you and should be able to hold a publicly funded body like the BBC to account.

The problem with Packham is that he has made so many false statements I wouldn't know where to start listing his misdemeanours, maybe I will just ask if they can raise the matter of a BBC employee leading a march for extremists as he did recently.

I quite agree, but that's their job that's what they're paid huge sums to do.

I'm not a member of BASC, but that doesn't prevent me ( and even when I was a member it never prevented me ) from writing a letter to various government departments in query of proposed legislation etc etc.

A missive from the CA or BASC can't possibly have the same effect as 145,000 physical letters all querying Packhams behaviour as a BBC employee arriving at the BBC in the space of a week.

If someone lies about an individual or organisation, then that is slander/libel and that individual can be sued in court. Why dont the organisations get together and sue him on behalf of the shooting/hunting community for say £10m. He needs to be held responsible for his lies and the damage he is causing to us.

This would send out a clear message and set a precedent for the future (win or loose, no one wants to be taken to court by a large organisation and possibly bankrupted in the process.)

If funds are the issue, then i suggest a crowd funding type of thing?? (i would gladly stick £20 in to see him in court)

Edit: Im sure there are quite a few larger commercial shoots/estates that would each put many £1000's in the pot!

Edited by silver pigeon69