glorious 12th

ips

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Split between no more than 12 on the moor I inquired with.

Should also point out that it you shot a black grouse or Gray hen then there was a additional fine of £100 multiplied by your peg number. It can be a expensive day if you shot one of them.

😞 grouse day now off my bucket list 😁

People love talking numbers and get rather carried away with the whole concept of the costs involved.

We no longer run on a 5 year boom then bust cycle due to medicated grit so bags are more predictable. Only bad springs really knock us back now.

Driven grouse days are usually taken by teams of 9. The average price in the north pennines is around £150 a brace. Overage nowadays tends to be just set at the rate agreed per brace for your original bag. Estates want to encourage teams to shoot over nowadays. Sticking and extra 20% per brace on overage would be counter productive.

Remember in most cases you can shoot 10% over your agreed bag with no additional cost. Prices only get hyper inflated when wonderful letting agents get involved. Avoid them at all costs unless your very rich,foreign or both.

Fixed price days can work out very good value towards the end of the season but you need to be a strong team and you need to cost in insurance as the weather can easily see your day cancelled. I've seen 150 brace days go for £4500 a day but you need to be in the right place at the right time and go direct to an estate.

WR.

It would be difficult to be honest. The cheap days towards the end of the season tend to go to regular established teams who are known to be good shots and can commit to a date/price at very short notice.

The estates involved don't want or need the hassle of making teams up of unknown guns I'm afraid. That's where sporting agents come in but sadly they have a habit of making large amounts of money from clients for very little effort!

Its a tough nut to crack.

As an aside,the very large days are rarely let. Very few over 300b would be. These bags are shot by the moor owners and their inner circle. Even the very rich baulke at paying 45k+ for a days sport with the exception of afew mostly american teams.

Some of the bags shot on the private days are truly staggering and may not sit well with many.

WR.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/gameshooting/

Will Templer was offering individual places on a grouse day at Scargill (Near Barnard Castle)

quote - I still have 1 gun available on Friday 8th September shooting as part of a line of 9 guns, double gunning at Scargill for 100 brace. Price is £2,250 plus weather insurance of £115 plus loaders tips and keepers tip. Message me if interested.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/gameshooting/

Will Templer was offering individual places on a grouse day at Scargill (Near Barnard Castle)

quote - I still have 1 gun available on Friday 8th September shooting as part of a line of 9 guns, double gunning at Scargill for 100 brace. Price is £2,250 plus weather insurance of £115 plus loaders tips and keepers tip. Message me if interested.

I don't think that is bad at all 😁

It's not exactly cheap. I prefer shooting them on beaters days when they're free.

I think there are days you can pick up for a single gun, the boss & his son shot last week to make up a let team where I pick up. How you actually get in the position to join a team as a spare, I've no idea.