What's the Brocock compatto target like

Si1274

i have been looking at the hw100 synthetic and the compatto target,price wise theres not much between them with a mod and spare mag for the compatto , although that difference goes up a bit if you were to put a A+M cylinder on the 100 to increase the shot count closer to the compattos

what i have noticed is there always seems to be alot of used 100s for sale ,but very few compattos , just going off BBS and guntrader

HW110 is worth throwing into the mix. As is the Air Arms 410

Depends what your going to use the rifle for. Plinking/HFT/Hunting etc

HW100 & Air Arms s510 are on the heavy side .. s410/Compatto/BSA Ultra & Scorpion towards the lighter side.

If its walk about, mooching type hunting .. Compatto/s410/Ultra - If your hauled up with a bipod etc, weight doesn't really come into it.

Best go the gunshop and try and see what tickles your fancy and just go for it ..

have had a look at various and whitled it down to the two mentioned,although i havent actually saw the 100 synthetic in the flesh,it would be used for plinking and hunting

i must admit to be drawn to the compatto target :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm: although the 100 synthetic looks very nice , decisions,decisions, heads *****y spinning

Daystate have a terrible reputation

For quality .reliability,accuracy ,power ,and customer service .and to top that list are very expensive .ha .ha ha .

Totally disagree with your comments about quality, reliability, and power, (albeit mines fac) Not sure on the expensive side of things as i can't recall what i paid, but was in the middle with the rest of them for sale. And (most) "expensive" items in life, give you good returns when/if you sell them on. Obviously emphasis being on "most items"

As for service, to be honest I've only heard a couple of people say that.... But after a reasonable amount of use, I've had no problems at all with mine. And even if i did, it can't be any harder to strip and service/replace parts than an AA S410, which i did.

I suppose you only get to find out what the customer service is like, once you have a problem.. I do have 1 criticism though - that being the bolt, which is harder to cycle than i would like or expect. I presume it's the hammer spring being fac??.

J.

hello james, i am sure it will do but if have occasion to have any thing done they are only up near stafford

Cheers. :good:

Edited by jam1e

oldypigeonpopper - knowing Daystate they will spend the next 6 months changing the colour of his trousers then sell him as a brand new Sales manager. BTW - love the concept that you get a better return from more expensive purchases, jam1e....your Air Ranger retails at £1300 - there's are nice one on a well known site going for £500 and that's a shop sale - most likely get one a little cheaper buying private. If my abacus is right that's £800 down the pan which would buy you a whole heap of decent puffgun.

Edited by bruno22rf

oldypigeonpopper - knowing Daystate they will spend the next 6 months changing the colour of his trousers then sell him as a brand new Sales manager.

hello bruno, you maybe right, back a few years i was asked to check out the airgun forums on posts regarding daystate and brocock and anyone griping about the rifles or customer service, this was by a C E O of diana, i never did or i would have been forever contacting them, then i heard they had taken on adam and contact finished

hello, there are many things to consider when it comes to the purchase of a PCP, cost from £200 to £2,000, type of action/ reliability/ shot count/spares and service/ re sale value/ customer service from the shop and uk manufacture or importer, what will you be using it for/ hunting/target/or both, the list can be endless, you do not have to buy the most expensive or new, and not forgeting a filling system of pump or bottle will add to the cost, so anyone contemplating a purchase its budget/research/choice/ purchase and enjoy using,

did contemplate air arms but the only thing i dont like ,and its really nothing but i would prefer it if it was hidden is that spring at the back of the trigger,always think its just ready to pop out,plus i was really looking at a thumbhole with either bolt or lever action

as i have mentioned ive had the itch for a while now and arent in a mad rush to get one,just want to try and make sure when i do, i get it right first time,as over the years i have spent and lost to much to think about

did contemplate air arms but the only thing i dont like ,and its really nothing but i would prefer it if it was hidden is that spring at the back of the trigger,always think its just ready to pop out,plus i was really looking at a thumbhole with either bolt or lever action

as i have mentioned ive had the itch for a while now and arent in a mad rush to get one,just want to try and make sure when i do, i get it right first time,as over the years i have spent and lost to much to think about

hello, is there any good reason you want a thumbhole stock, ? as i mentioned before if i was buying a new PCP a AA S510 would be high on the list, for tubed/ a FX VERMY for bottle

just prefer t/holes my rifles are t/hole stocks and they feel more comfortable for me personally,did look at the 510 in t/hole but the price,weight and that spring on the trigger put me off,also looked at FX royale 400,bit pricey but seem to be really good guns

Totally disagree with your comments about quality, reliability, and power, (albeit mines fac) Not sure on the expensive side of things as i can't recall what i paid, but was in the middle with the rest of them for sale. And (most) "expensive" items in life, give you good returns when/if you sell them on. Obviously emphasis being on "most items"

As for service, to be honest I've only heard a couple of people say that.... But after a reasonable amount of use, I've had no problems at all with mine. And even if i did, it can't be any harder to strip and service/replace parts than an AA S410, which i did.

I suppose you only get to find out what the customer service is like, once you have a problem.. I do have 1 criticism though - that being the bolt, which is harder to cycle than i would like or expect. I presume it's the hammer spring being fac??.

J.

Cheers. :good:

Jamie, I've read a lot of verbage about Daystate but for sure some of the competition are terrible including FX.

Both my .177 Regal and .25 Wovlerine in FAC have worked flawlessly.Brilliant guns.

I visited the Air Arms stand at the gamefair at Hatfield House and their staff couldn't have been more helpful. A very nice bunch of people.

I guess we all have varying customer experiences.