Headshot with hmr

pin

Taken at a downward angle into about 2' of bank above its head, behind it is a private football pitch which was not in use at the time, and had been checked as such. If you listen on the vid I make myself happy with the shot through the scope and then SS confirms everything still ok for the shot :good:

It's great vid Pin, what is the setup you used for that? (camera I mean not the gun)

Nothing special, cheapy panasonic 1ccd mini-dv camera with 24x optical zoom, mounted on a cullmann suction base mount stuck to the roof of my truck :oops:

Seems to work very well, all about having a steady mount when zoomed to that level.

Now I just need to persuade SS to put his flash new Sony DV cam on there for some real quality shots :good:

OK mate, it wasn't a 'dig' and I must admit that I didn't have sound on, for work related reasons' :good:

Not taken as such, valid comment as you wouldn't know the ground and surrounding area. Same with most videos of this nature, might look unsafe, I have thought so and said so a few times.

Comes down to the bloke pulling the trigger at the end of the day, I was happy with it and would take one again there no question given the same circumstances :oops:

I've looked and looked and sadly the quality isn't there on the vid to be sure. I think its just blood and a bit of dust underneath kicked up. There wasn't an exit wound as such, but gory I know but there wasn't a lot left of its head.

Morbid perhaps but I'd love to take one with a high speed camera to analyse it properly.

Adobe Premier Pro V2.0, I have to say it's very good :blink:

Mind, for the kind of thing shown there, Adobe Premier Elements can be had for a fraction of the price. I've never used it but if you use XP (sp2) the windows movie maker is supposedly ok for basic work.

• 2 weeks later...
Good shot & good vid but each to there own.

Personally I wouldn't have taken that shot. Very little room for error.

Fair comment, without perfect local knowledge it would look risky I do admit!

Bunny in the bag, backstop did it's job and it's all good :good: